Research Invitation: Trust and Online Financial Transactions

  • Schmid, Bernhard (Tech Support)
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2006
      Dear colleague:

      We are a university research team studying the perceived trustworthiness of internet web sites. In more detail, we are conducting a nation-wide study of opinions about whether websites that focus on financial investments are seen as trustworthy.

      Due to the growth in the use of the Internet as a means of completing a variety of financial transactions (I.e. banking, eBay auctions, book purchases), we are sure that you will see this as a serious matter that needs careful study. Therefore, we hope that you will assist us in our brief survey. We have no other agenda, and if you assist us, we will treat your responses with total confidentiality.

      To gather such opinions, we are contacting members of several electronic mailing lists to request participation in a brief questionnaire. Our central interests are the factors that might influence the level of trust you place in the information and transactions you might make through a web site that is dedicated to providing access to Initial Public Offerings. Therefore, we are contacting you as a person who may be a potential investor or have interest in such a service.

      We hope that you will be willing to assist us by navigating to the website link below and completing the online questionnaire. Please note that the questionnaire is very brief. Once again, we assure you that your personal responses will be kept completely confidential and all returned questionnaires will be discarded once the results have been compiled. Completing the online questionnaire is considered consent to participate in this valuable research project and your responses will be kept confidential to the extent allowed by law.

      We hope that you will be willing to assist us. This is a truly important issue, and no clear answers currently exist. You can contact us via email with comments or questions if you wish, at the following email address: jonathan.adams@...

      Please follow this link to complete our online survey: http://www.surveyz.com/TakeSurvey?id=41267

      Sincerely,
      Jonathan Adams & Bernhard Schmid

      Jonathan Adams, EdD
      Associate Professor
      Florida State University
      Jonathan.adams@...
      850.644.3416

      *If I have questions about my rights as a subject/participant in this research, or if I feel I have been placed at risk, I can contact the Chair of the Human Subjects Committee, Institutional Review Board, through the Office of the Vice President for Research, at (850) 644-8633.
      HUMAN SUBJECTS COMMITTEE 2035 E. Paul Dirac Drive Box 15 Tallahassee, FL 32310