CFP: proposed edited collection REMOTE RELATIONSHIPS IN A SMALL WORLD

  • Attwood, Fiona
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2005
      CFP: proposed edited collection

      REMOTE RELATIONSHIPS IN A SMALL WORLD

      We are seeking contributions for this proposed edited collection. Rather than producing more speculative work, we wish to focus on
      empirical data collected online about the intricate, intimate virtual ways that people forge connections. The three sections will
      be: Love & Sex; Work & Education; and Methods & Ethics. Chapters should be empirically based, 8000 words in length, and written in
      an accessible style suitable for an interested, intelligent general audience as well as for an academic readership in
      gender/cultural/media studies, sociology/anthropology, and new media.

      Deadline for abstracts Friday May 8th.
      Deadline for completed chapters February 14th 2006.

      Please send abstracts of up to 250 words (attached as a .doc or .rtf file) and including a brief bio or CV to:

      Feona Attwood, Sheffield Hallam University, UK f.attwood@... and

      Dr Samantha Holland, Leeds Metropolitan University, UK s.holland@...