New Cybersoc Blog Launches
- Hi. I'd like to invite everyone on the Cybersociology email list to visit the
new Cybersoc blog at http://cybersoc.blogs.com/
Current entries include:
* Always connected, but how steep is the downside?
* Finding trustworthy information in the blogosphere?
* Dating Through the Network
* Message Board Law: 1 - Libel
* The internet and the UK elections
* Conference announcements (Vienna, Milan, Hawaii, Cambridge Mass)
You're welcome to comment on any of the blog entries and/or add links to sites
that have relavent content.
You can find the blog via a link (in the centre of the page) at
http://www.cybersoc.com or directly at http://cybersoc.blogs.com/
--- what about the message board? ---
Some of you might have noticed that, during the past few days, the message board
link on cybersoc.com has disappeared. Although there was some good content on
the message board, users found it difficult to find and several suggested that
a blog might be more appropriate, easier to use, and more likely to engage them
in the posting of comments. The message board is no longer accepting new
registrations and, once people who registered have the chance to say goodbye to
each other and exchange contact details, the message board will be closed. I've
emailed the message board users separately and apologise again to them now for
any inconvenience the closure of the message board may cause.
Robin Hamman MA MPhil
You might also be interested in reading my NEW blog: http://cybersoc.blogs.com
Read my most recent article in Clive Seale's "Social Research Methods: A