(apologies for crossposting)
I am the delinquent marketer for the first of my two offerings in 2004 of
my "Facilitating Online Interactions" course starting February 16th. I'll
be offering the course 1 more time later in the year, so if you want me to
advise you of future dates, please drop me a private email.
Information URL: http://www.fullcirc.com/ws/onfaccourse.htm
Dates: February 16 - March 19 (Alternating on/off weeks for 3 weeks of
actual course time)
Instructor: Nancy White
Tuition: $750.00 USD 10% discount for groups of 5 or more or members of
501(C)3 non profit organizations or NGOs).
Testimonials: from past course participants
Online facilitation is an evolving and expanding opportunity to
support groups to work, learn and connect across time and distance. Online
work and interactions require facilitation skills beyond those used in
face-to-face meetings. Group dynamics in the virtual environment combined
with new communication technologies create unique conditions and
opportunities calling for specific techniques and an expansion of our
consciousness with mindful facilitation.
This 3-week (spread over 5 weeks - active the weeks of February 16,
March 2 and March 16) highly interactive and participatory course will
provide you with the initial skills to guide you through planning, process
design and facilitation of online group interactions. We will explore
concepts through key readings, discuss theory, reflect in personal learning
logs, and practice technique.
* Identify the unique aspects of facilitating online interactions
* Define the key purpose of an online interaction as a framework for
* Assess the group's needs and select appropriate facilitation strategies
for distributed teams, online communities and distance learning
* Develop processes for establishing relationship and trust online
* Evaluate group cycles and apply techniques for pacing, leading and
* Explore processes for moving from purpose to action
* Extract value with summaries to harvest knowledge and learning
* Create a record of your personal learning through a self-reflective
online learning log
* Additional topics may be added according to class and individual interests
People who might benefit from the course
* distributed team members
* CoP members and leaders
* online teachers / instructors
* online community moderators/hosts
Areas of application
* distributed teams
* online learning
* communities of practice
* online customer relationship management
* online communities (discussion sites)
* serving any group that requires online interaction
This is an intense online course presented in a web-conference
asynchronous environment allowing participants to engage at their own
convenience from home or office. Additionally, we will have scheduled
sessions with other synchronous tools such as telephone conference call,
chat and instant messaging.
The class workspace will remain open for 30 days after the course for
individuals to review materials and a CD of the course is also made
available for future reference.
Class Requirements - PLEASE READ!
To get the most out of this intensive course, a minimum of 2
hours/day is required depending on your learning style. We compress a lot
of material and activities into the three weeks. It is strongly recommended
that this time be scheduled and set aside away from other daily activities,
to ensure focused and uninterrupted attention.
The class space will be open on the Thursday prior to start of course
for introductions, access to reading material and space for experimentation
with the tools. Formal class starts on Monday.
Participants should have a basic understanding of
* the Internet
* group facilitation (important)
* mastery of the use of an Internet browser
Nancy White - Full Circle Associates - http://www.fullcirc.com