Netstudy.ca - Request for collaboration

  • Peter West
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16 3:15 PM
      Hello all!

      I am a master's student at the University of Western Ontario. (Faculty of
      Information & Media Studies - MA in Media Studies)
      I have recently constructed a website in order to compile and share
      information about doing research with\on the internet. http://netstudy.ca

      I don't have very much content just yet, but I hope to have a fair sized
      collection compiled by the end of August.

      My reasons for writing today are twofold:

      1. Online Database for Annotated References
      I would like to have a database of annotated references (books, journal
      articles, AV, websites, organizations etc...) that can be searched and
      easily added to by visitors to the site. Anybody who has experience with
      database design etc or who knows of an open-source software package that
      would serve my needs is urged to get in touch with me!

      2. Special Interest Groups & Volunteers

      It occurred to me that people may be interested in hosting special interest
      groups (SIGs) related to their area of interest or expertise. For those of
      you who are unfamiliar with the concept, it would basically be a corner of
      the website dedicated to a particular topic.(Fitting broadly under the scope
      of researching the net, or conducting research online.) Volunteers would be
      free to compile information and facilitate forum discussions relating to
      their own areas of specialization\interest..

      SIGS could be organized around disciplines \ research techniques \ or any
      other special interest.

      If you or anyone you know might be interested in volunteering to maintain a
      special interest group on Netstudy.ca, please send me an email with some
      background information and a little bit about the vision you have for your
      special interest group.

      Professors and administrators are also encouraged to forward this message to
      students.

      Peter West

      http://netstudy.ca

      peterwest@...