CFP: Identity and Cultures in Cyberspace (Ohio, Oct. 2003)

  • Robin Hamman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2003
      ----- Forwarded message from starkecr@... -----
      Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 10:06:54 -0400
      From: Christine Starkey <starkecr@...>
      Subject: Call for Papers & Save the Date
      To: robin@...

      Robin:

      Here is some information that your Cybersociology group might be interested in:

      Miami University's Center for Interactive Media Studies' presents its fourth
      annual conference,

      "2003 Interactive Media Forum: Identity and Cultures in Cyberspace"
      to be held at Marcum Conference Center, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
      October 27 & 28, 2003

      This year's conference pushes the discussion of interactivity into the spheres
      of human interaction and creativity. At a basic level, we'd like to understand
      how people are reading, creating, communicating, learning, and interacting on
      the Internet. Beyond that, we'll branch into more theoretical discussion on the
      premise that the Internet has been described as a placeless society with unique
      and characteristic cultures.

      For the Call for Papers and more details as they are finalized, see
      www.muohio.edu/ims/forum.

      For additional information, feel free to contact cims@... or 513-529-
      1637.

      ----- End forwarded message -----