digital cross culutural design

  • richard.adams@incline.co.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2001
      Hi

      Just doing some work on cross cultural design for interactive TV for
      a talk. I wondered if anyone can point me in the direction of any
      resources on these matters.

      I am looking at it from the angle of personality in technological
      media and how we can utilise perceived personality to create
      compelling interactive experiences that can be used across national
      boundaries (thus cutting high development costs) on what is a very
      limited medium. I am of course also looking at colour, layout etc, -
      from a 'paralinguistic' angle - nuances of visual language (as
      opposed to textual).

      I have a range of references on internationalisation of interfaces
      and content already - Nielsen, et al but any further suggestions or
      discussion would be gratefully received.

      Regards

      Richard