Phd Research on Evolutionary Design for Online Virtual Environments

  • dterroso@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2001
      I'm currently organising a proposal for a Phd research project
      regarding the use of evolutionary design for virtual online
      environments.
      This proposal follows my MA Communication Design
      project/dissertation "trans-kp | regenerative online interface".
      ______
      "trans_kp" is an experimental online interface that uses
      evolutionary and feedback procedures, in order to explore new
      forms of interaction between users and users, users and data.

      The initial design challenges were to identify principles in new
      science (complexity theory, dynamical living systems, cognitive
      sciences, and computational science) that could unfold new
      conceptual and structural development for online interfaces.

      Because of the wide range of new science, this study was
      divided into four stages: first, an overview of some relevant
      principles of complexity theory and dynamical living systems `per
      si'; second, an introduction to computational evolutionary
      systems that use these related principles to create design
      models; third, a perspective of the internet through both
      conceptual and computational approaches; fourth, development
      of some conceptions that would be used on the "trans-kp"
      interface, the data driven form model and the hyper navigation
      functional model.

      http://www.trans-kp.org
      info@...
      ______

      At the moment I am looking for partners, research associates or
      advisers, sponsorships or funding, that could help me putting
      this research further into a Phd .
      I'm also trying to select a small group of Universities
      (school/departments) to approach with my proposal, since it's
      essential to develop this project in association with a course that
      suits the nature of it.

      So, if you think that you might be interested to join me, or if you
      have any information that might be useful.
      Or if you would like to discuss this project/subject further,
      opening a poll of discussion, please let me know.

      Thanks

      dterroso@...