Contest Announcement

  • Paul W
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 25, 2010
      It's time for the Summer contest and the theme this time is Mondegreens.

      For those of you curently scratching your heads asking "What's a mondegreen?" then I recommend a popular internet search engine or internet based encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen) for a full version. The quick version is that a mondegreen is a misheard piece of poetry or music.
      Famous examples include:
      "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy" by Hendrix
      "Baelzebub's got a devil for a sideboard" by Queen
      "What's glove got to do with it?" by Tina Turner

      The misheard lyric should be the inspiration for the story.

      The contest will run July 2nd to July 25th.

      All normal submission rules apply.
    • pwatson1974
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 26, 2014
        Obviously the contest only goes on till the 9th November, rather than September.
        Whoops.
        Paul Watson and Ms Tiger to You, calendar-challenged owners