Contest Announcement

  • Paul W
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 25, 2010
      It's time for the Summer contest and the theme this time is Mondegreens.

      For those of you curently scratching your heads asking "What's a mondegreen?" then I recommend a popular internet search engine or internet based encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen) for a full version. The quick version is that a mondegreen is a misheard piece of poetry or music.
      Famous examples include:
      "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy" by Hendrix
      "Baelzebub's got a devil for a sideboard" by Queen
      "What's glove got to do with it?" by Tina Turner

      The misheard lyric should be the inspiration for the story.

      The contest will run July 2nd to July 25th.

      All normal submission rules apply.
    • pwatson1974
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 18, 2015
        Owing to the moderators taking Christmas Day off, we're announcing the Winter contest early. The contest will run from 1st January to 14th February. There is no theme so write what you like.

        There will also be the Best of 2015, so all our writers, please submit a story from last year for consideration.

        Wishing all our members a merry Christmas and happy holidays.
        Paul Watson and Ms Tiger to You, co-owners