Contest Announcement

  • Paul Watson
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 27, 2009
      It's time for the latest contest to be announced and we will be making a slight change this time out. There will be two contests: One voting, one just for fun. You'll see why in a minute.

      The first contest is entitled Newcomers and is only open to people who have not entered one of our previous contests. The theme is whatever the writer wants it to be, within the limitations of the groups (so something vaguely stage magic related). All normal submission rules apply.

      And for the many writers who've contributed to one of our previous 20 odd contests, the other contest is Missed Opportunities, where you can go back and re-enter an old contest. Maybe you missed the deadline, or your great idea needed just a little more polishing before unleashing on the world. Maybe real life got the best of you. No matter the reason, this is the opportunity to put up your stories for any of our existing contests. All normal submission rules, and the rules of the particular contest still apply. We'd like a note on the entry message as to which contest you're entering. And if you want to enter a contest you've already entered, that's fine, too.

      Both contests run April 3rd to April 26th. Only the Newcomers will be voted on.

      Best of luck,
      Paul Watson and Ms Tiger to You, co-owners Cyber Magic Library
    • pwatson1974
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 18, 2015
        Owing to the moderators taking Christmas Day off, we're announcing the Winter contest early. The contest will run from 1st January to 14th February. There is no theme so write what you like.

        There will also be the Best of 2015, so all our writers, please submit a story from last year for consideration.

        Wishing all our members a merry Christmas and happy holidays.
        Paul Watson and Ms Tiger to You, co-owners