Re: Contest Time

  • futuremagician1
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 28, 2007
      Hi, I am looking forward to entering a story in the contest...I am a
      new member and hope you all will enjoy my writings. Looking forward to
      reading all of yours,

      ,future magician

      --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Watson"
      <paul_watson1974@...> wrote:

      > As the New Year draws closer, it's time for the latest contest, and
      > the theme is "Love Bites". Authors can interpret that phrase in
      > whichever way they like* from sappy Valentines, through relationships,
      > marriage, and unrequited love all the way to stalking and Fatal
      > Attraction.
      > The contest will run from Friday January 4th to Sunday January 27th.
      > All normal contest rules apply, so authors should remember this is an
      > all-ages group and conduct themselves accordingly.
      > Paul Watson and Ms Tiger to You, co-owners Cyber Magic Library
      >
      > *Except vampires.**
      >
      > **Oh, alright, you can have vampires if you really want.

    • quasar20050923
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 9, 2008
        I have uploaded my entry into the story contest.
      • xenophoruk
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 25, 2008
          I have uploaded my entry into the story contest entitled "The Proposal
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cyber_magic_library/files/02%20Contest%20\
          Stories/19%20Love%20Bites/Proposal.htm> "

          Enjoy.

          Xenophor

        • Paul Watson
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 28, 2008
            Yes, it's that time of year again.
            The latest contest is about to start (4th April to 27th April), and
            the theme is...the Zodiac.

            Couple of extra rules this time:

            One: It has to be YOUR sign. Don't like it, blame your parents.

            Two: You can use either your Western sign, or your Chinese sign.
            Further information can, obviously be found at wikipedia.

            Three: You can use any of the attributes of your sign, but it must be
            a significant part of the story, i.e. no saying the assistant is a
            Taurus and that being good enough. For ideas of what is connected to
            the various signs, well, you were in wikipedia anyway. You do NOT,
            repeat NOT, have to include characters of the sign, but the qualities
            of the sign DO need to important, i.e. Sagittarius can include
            archery, centaurs, fire (it is a fire sign after all), the associated
            colours, metals, and anything else you can find (did we mention
            wikipedia enough?).

            Four: You must mention what sign you're writing about. Either in the
            post, or in a note at the beginning/end of the story.

            Five: It has to be YOUR sign. Scout's honour is an acceptable proof.

            Six: All normal contest rules still apply.

            Happy writing.
            Paul Watson and Ms Tiger to You, co-owners Cyber Magic Library
          • David Thomas
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 14, 2008
              I've uploaded my entry into the story contest. For want of a better
              title, I've called it The Aquarius Incentive
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cyber_magic_library/files/02%20Contest%20\
              Stories/20%20Zodiac%20Contest/Zodiac.rtf> .

              The title obviously gives away the fact that I'm Aquarius, the water
              carrier. I chucked in a few extra references that also apply to the year
              that I was born in, but no prizes for figuring out what they are.

              David C.Thomas