Re: New Story New Author

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
      Sorry about the slip with the rules. Was sort of gonna make not being
      restored a signature move ( as apart from anything else the
      restoration is often hard to make exciting) although its more that
      the story doesnt relate the restoration than shes left like that
      against her will forever.

      Maybe i need to add a restore to the versions for this site? Any
      opinions ?

      Steph

      --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Brent" <magicbrent@c...>
      wrote:
      > Steph,
      >
      > I to have to say it was a great story. I also wanted to let you
      > know that I have removed your story from this group and moved it
      > over to the magic stories unlimited group. I did this because the
      > assistant is not reassembled at the end of the story which is a
      > violation of the story rules for the group.
      >
      > I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
      >
      > Brent.
      >
      > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie "
      > <magictiger101@y...> wrote:
      > > Ok here goes nothing. Had a bash at writing my fisrt ever story
      > and
      > > now i beenand gone and got all brave and posted it.
      > >
      > > Love to know what you think
      > >
      > > Steph
    • Dante Bays
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
        Steph,

        No need to include the restoration in this story, we'll follow you to
        magicstoriesunlimited. I think you've got potential for a nice sequel. I'd like to know
        what happens when the body parts arrive at this fellow's house. Is he nice and meek?
        Does he take advantage? Does he know how to restore you? When you try to call the
        magician, is the battery charged or his mobile in range? All sorts of ways to extend
        the situation.

        DB

        wrote:
        > Sorry about the slip with the rules. Was sort of gonna make not being
        > restored a signature move ( as apart from anything else the
        > restoration is often hard to make exciting) although its more that
        > the story doesnt relate the restoration than shes left like that
        > against her will forever.
        >
        > Maybe i need to add a restore to the versions for this site? Any
        > opinions ?
        >
        > Steph
        >

        > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Brent" <magicbrent@c...>
        > wrote:
        > > Steph,
        > >
        > > I to have to say it was a great story. I also wanted to let you
        > > know that I have removed your story from this group and moved it
        > > over to the magic stories unlimited group. I did this because the
        > > assistant is not reassembled at the end of the story which is a
        > > violation of the story rules for the group.
        > >
        > > I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
        > >
        > > Brent.
        > >
        > > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie "
        > > <magictiger101@y...> wrote:
        > > > Ok here goes nothing. Had a bash at writing my fisrt ever story
        > > and
        > > > now i beenand gone and got all brave and posted it.
        > > >
        > > > Love to know what you think
        > > >
        > > > Steph
      • Max Ryan
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
          Very cool story, would love to see more of your work. Shame
          emoticons don't work in messages. *Big smile*, waiting for the sequal.

          Max

          <magictiger101@y...> wrote:
          > Ok here goes nothing. Had a bash at writing my fisrt ever story and
          > now i beenand gone and got all brave and posted it.
          >
          > Love to know what you think
          >
          > Steph
        • Brent
          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
            Steph,

            It happens, don't worry about it. I'm not sure what to tell you on
            the restoration thing, at this point I'd say post the stories that
            don't include the restoration over at magic stories unlimited for
            now. If you write any works that do include the restoration than
            feel free to post them here.

            Another interesting trick that was done with a story series in the
            past was having the assistant locked into a trick and the cliff
            hanger was wether or not the trick would be performed on them, this
            particular story the assistant was assisting against her will. Then
            the start of the next chapter was the trick and the restoration, at
            the end of that chapter the assistant was locked into another trick
            and we were left to see if she would get out, and for the first few
            chapters we were even wondering who the person doing the magic was.

            Not sure if that helps or not.

            Good Luck, and good writing.

            I'm going to get back to working on the new story of my own I've
            started.

            <magictiger101@y...> wrote:
            > Sorry about the slip with the rules. Was sort of gonna make not
            being
            > restored a signature move ( as apart from anything else the
            > restoration is often hard to make exciting) although its more that
            > the story doesnt relate the restoration than shes left like that
            > against her will forever.
            >
            > Maybe i need to add a restore to the versions for this site? Any
            > opinions ?
            >
            > Steph
            >

            > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Brent"
            <magicbrent@c...>
            > wrote:
            > > Steph,
            > >
            > > I to have to say it was a great story. I also wanted to let you
            > > know that I have removed your story from this group and moved it
            > > over to the magic stories unlimited group. I did this because
            the
            > > assistant is not reassembled at the end of the story which is a
            > > violation of the story rules for the group.
            > >
            > > I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
            > >
            > > Brent.
            > >
            > > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie "
            > > <magictiger101@y...> wrote:
            > > > Ok here goes nothing. Had a bash at writing my fisrt ever
            story
            > > and
            > > > now i beenand gone and got all brave and posted it.
            > > >
            > > > Love to know what you think
            > > >
            > > > Steph
          • Andi
            Message 5 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
              Wasn't it stated at one point that it didn't matter if the assistant was
              restored at the end of the story if it was part of a series?

              > It happens, don't worry about it. I'm not sure what to tell you on
              > the restoration thing, at this point I'd say post the stories that
              > don't include the restoration over at magic stories unlimited for
              > now. If you write any works that do include the restoration than
              > feel free to post them here.
              >
              > Another interesting trick that was done with a story series in the
              > past was having the assistant locked into a trick and the cliff
              > hanger was wether or not the trick would be performed on them, this
              > particular story the assistant was assisting against her will. Then
              > the start of the next chapter was the trick and the restoration, at
              > the end of that chapter the assistant was locked into another trick
              > and we were left to see if she would get out, and for the first few
              > chapters we were even wondering who the person doing the magic was.
              >
              > Not sure if that helps or not.
              >
              > Good Luck, and good writing.
              >
              > I'm going to get back to working on the new story of my own I've
              > started.
              >
              > Brent.
              >
              > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie "
              > <magictiger101@y...> wrote:
              > > Sorry about the slip with the rules. Was sort of gonna make not
              > being
              > > restored a signature move ( as apart from anything else the
              > > restoration is often hard to make exciting) although its more that
              > > the story doesnt relate the restoration than shes left like that
              > > against her will forever.
              > >
              > > Maybe i need to add a restore to the versions for this site? Any
              > > opinions ?
              > >
              > > Steph
              > >

              > > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Brent"
              > <magicbrent@c...>
              > > wrote:
              > > > Steph,
              > > >
              > > > I to have to say it was a great story. I also wanted to let you
              > > > know that I have removed your story from this group and moved it
              > > > over to the magic stories unlimited group. I did this because
              > the
              > > > assistant is not reassembled at the end of the story which is a
              > > > violation of the story rules for the group.
              > > >
              > > > I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
              > > >
              > > > Brent.
              > > >
              > > > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie "
              > story
              > > > and

            • Brent
              Message 6 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
                Andi,

                You are 1/2 correct in your statement. In this group; if the
                continuing chapter of the story is posted at the same time and
                includes the restoration, and the assistant is fully restored at the
                end of that chapter, then and only then can a story be posted that
                doesn't include a restoration at the end of one of the individual
                segments. With stories containing multiple chapters we look at
                those as a whole of the parts that are posted at a given time.

                I'll give an example:

                If an author were to write a 3 chapter story; chapters one and two
                don't include the restoration of the assistant at the end, but
                chapter three does. In that situtation, as long as all 3 chapters
                were posted at the same time, the story as a whole would meet the
                rules. But chapters one and two can't be posted to this group
                without chapter 3 because they on their own wouldn't meet the rules.

                I hope that clarifies what Andi said.

                Brent.

                --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Andi"

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Andi
                Message 7 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
                  Hmm... but what about cheesium's stories (whom I think this original rule
                  was created around) who posted, like most authors, one chapter at a time but
                  had a huge ongoing story, if not a whole ongoing universe?

                  > You are 1/2 correct in your statement. In this group; if the
                  > continuing chapter of the story is posted at the same time and
                  > includes the restoration, and the assistant is fully restored at the
                  > end of that chapter, then and only then can a story be posted that
                  > doesn't include a restoration at the end of one of the individual
                  > segments. With stories containing multiple chapters we look at
                  > those as a whole of the parts that are posted at a given time.
                  >
                  > I'll give an example:
                  >
                  > If an author were to write a 3 chapter story; chapters one and two
                  > don't include the restoration of the assistant at the end, but
                  > chapter three does. In that situtation, as long as all 3 chapters
                  > were posted at the same time, the story as a whole would meet the
                  > rules. But chapters one and two can't be posted to this group
                  > without chapter 3 because they on their own wouldn't meet the rules.
                  >
                  > I hope that clarifies what Andi said.
                  >
                  > Brent.
                  >
                  > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Andi"
                  > <andiloves2heads@B...> wrote:
                  > > Wasn't it stated at one point that it didn't matter if the
                  > assistant was
                  > > restored at the end of the story if it was part of a series?

                • srn_au_2003
                  Message 8 of 27 , Sep 2, 2003
                    <magictiger101@y...> wrote:
                    > Sorry about the slip with the rules. Was sort of gonna make not being
                    > restored a signature move ( as apart from anything else the
                    > restoration is often hard to make exciting) although its more that
                    > the story doesnt relate the restoration than shes left like that
                    > against her will forever.
                    >
                    > Maybe i need to add a restore to the versions for this site? Any
                    > opinions ?
                    >
                    > Steph

                    The story is great as it stands - a sequel with the same progression
                    (no reassembly) would be fine by me!

                    Mr Flibble
                  • Stephanie
                    Message 9 of 27 , Sep 2, 2003
                      Thank you all for you guidance and feedback. I think i will plough on
                      with plan A which does mean Stephs adventures will only appear on
                      Magic Stories Unlimited at least until the series ends.

                      Steph

                      x x

                      --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "srn_au_2003" <srn@f...>
                      wrote:
                      > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie "
                      > <magictiger101@y...> wrote:
                      > > Sorry about the slip with the rules. Was sort of gonna make not
                      being
                      > > restored a signature move ( as apart from anything else the
                      > > restoration is often hard to make exciting) although its more
                      that
                      > > the story doesnt relate the restoration than shes left like that
                      > > against her will forever.
                      > >
                      > > Maybe i need to add a restore to the versions for this site? Any
                      > > opinions ?
                      > >
                      > > Steph
                      >
                      > The story is great as it stands - a sequel with the same progression
                      > (no reassembly) would be fine by me!
                      >
                      > Mr Flibble
                    • Matt Snyder
                      Message 10 of 27 , Sep 2, 2003
                        What is the point of having one story collection that doesn't allow
                        stories with non-restored assistants, and another story collection
                        that does? I'm not trying to advocate abandoning this group, but why
                        doesn't everyone just post their stories in the other group and avoid
                        the confusion? Does anyone find "non-restored" stories offensive to
                        the point that having multiple story collections makes sense?
                      • Brent
                        Message 11 of 27 , Sep 2, 2003
                          Andi,

                          I'll go back and re-read the chapters of his stories to find out for
                          sure. As far as any one person's stories causing this rule, that
                          isn't what happened in the least. As I recall, I was extremely busy
                          when his stories were posted and I didn't get to read them until
                          several weeks later in the blowup over another story I did read and
                          moved to msu, that was how he mananged to possibly temporarily slip
                          past the rule. By the time I got to read the story something like
                          the first 8 or so chapters were posted. When I went back and looked
                          at the story that was posted as a whole at that time, the first 6 or
                          so chapters stayed but I did remove the last couple chapters that
                          didn't include a restoration. Also there was another author, I
                          apologize for the name slipping my memory at the moment, that ended a
                          middle chapter of his story where the assistant was a giant bunny
                          rabit. That chapter of the story was removed and a month or so down
                          the road when he'd written the next chapter where at the end she was
                          restored in the end, he was allowed to re-upload the previous chapter
                          where she ended as a bunny.

                          That rule has been in place since the start of the original cyber
                          magic library website and continued in the shift to the group. It
                          was made for several reasons that all basically boil down to one
                          thing. There were several very good stories on the old sheckys site
                          that, for me personally were ruined at the end when the assistant
                          wasn't re-assembled. There were some other stories, one in
                          particular that the victim was sawn against her will then improperly
                          reassembled, emotionally scared by the ordeal and I didn't want that
                          kind of thing ending up here.

                          Plus there were some stories that I've seen that showed a lot of
                          promise in the opening chapter(s), the assistant gets left unrestored
                          or improperly restored, then the continuing chapters never get
                          written and the stories are incomplete and I didn't want to see that
                          either.

                          Now in this post I used the word "I" alot and there is a reason for
                          that, in the beginning with the site and for the early life of the
                          group I was handling things on my own so that's the way the
                          descisions were made. When Petra was brought in, the reasons behind
                          why things were set up the way they are was explained and she agreed
                          with the reasons so we kept things moving forward from there.

                          Message 12 of 27 , Sep 2, 2003
                            Actually, yes, you're exactly right. Someone did way back when, and thus the
                            other group was created.

                            Message 13 of 27 , Sep 2, 2003
                              --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Snyder"
                              <clawed_reigns@y...> wrote:
                              > What is the point of having one story collection that doesn't allow
                              > stories with non-restored assistants, and another story collection
                              > that does? I'm not trying to advocate abandoning this group, but
                              why
                              > doesn't everyone just post their stories in the other group and
                              avoid
                              > the confusion?

                              I'm confused here clawed, how can you say your not trying to advocate
                              abandoning this group but are suggesting people post their stories
                              elsewhere? This part of your message seems to contradict itself.

                              > Does anyone find "non-restored" stories offensive to
                              > the point that having multiple story collections makes sense?

                              For one, I do. Read my reply to Andi's message to see my reasonings
                              behind this, I don't feel like posting basically the same thing
                              twice. Basically I only read the stories posted to this group, I
                              don't remember the last story posted strictly to magic stories
                              unlimited I sat down and read, unless it was a story that I either
                              moved from this group over there or the continuing chapter of one
                              that I moved and particularily liked.

                              Another reason is that there are restrictions on membership to magic
                              stories unlimited that would force somepeople completely out of the
                              group and the chance to enjoy these stories, I'm refering to the age
                              issue.

                              Brent.
                            • Stephanie
                              Message 14 of 27 , Sep 2, 2003
                                Oh dear seem to have opened a can of worms here.

                                As i said, the idea of the non restore wasnt anything sinister and
                                certainly not intended to imply anything non consentual. I like
                                stories with a twist in the tail i guess. Apologies if anyone is
                                offended.

                                I love both CML and MSU and have read and been entertained and
                                inspired by all the stories on both.

                                In the meantime the next one of my stories is up over on MSU for
                                those who like that sort of thing

                                Steph
                                xx

                                wrote:
                                > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Snyder"
                                > <clawed_reigns@y...> wrote:
                                > > What is the point of having one story collection that doesn't
                                allow
                                > > stories with non-restored assistants, and another story
                                collection
                                > > that does? I'm not trying to advocate abandoning this group, but
                                > why
                                > > doesn't everyone just post their stories in the other group and
                                > avoid
                                > > the confusion?
                                >
                                > I'm confused here clawed, how can you say your not trying to
                                advocate
                                > abandoning this group but are suggesting people post their stories
                                > elsewhere? This part of your message seems to contradict itself.
                                >
                                > > Does anyone find "non-restored" stories offensive to
                                > > the point that having multiple story collections makes sense?
                                >
                                > For one, I do. Read my reply to Andi's message to see my
                                reasonings
                                > behind this, I don't feel like posting basically the same thing
                                > twice. Basically I only read the stories posted to this group, I
                                > don't remember the last story posted strictly to magic stories
                                > unlimited I sat down and read, unless it was a story that I either
                                > moved from this group over there or the continuing chapter of one
                                > that I moved and particularily liked.
                                >
                                > Another reason is that there are restrictions on membership to
                                magic
                                > stories unlimited that would force somepeople completely out of the
                                > group and the chance to enjoy these stories, I'm refering to the
                                age
                                > issue.
                                >
                                > Brent.
                              • Andi
                                Message 15 of 27 , Sep 2, 2003
                                  In that case, "I" will be running the site, and "I" will put a warning on
                                  the stories for our younger readers, with an added request that in the
                                  future the authors write their own warnings.

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Sep 4, 2003
                                    By saying that I wasn't trying to advocate people abandoning this group, I was trying
                                    to point out that I don't have any particular axe to grind here...it just seems a strange
                                    distinction to say that stories with unrestored assistants should go in one place, and
                                    others should go in another. There's so much to be found offensive in all of these
                                    stories (including my own)--I mean, this topic is all about sexual arousal generated
                                    by shoving a sharp object through a woman and dismembering her for
                                    entertainment purposes--that it's surprising to me that not restoring an assistant
                                    would be considered "over the line."

                                    But if that's how you feel, then that's fine.

                                    Matt

                                    =============

                                    http://www.mattsnyder.com
                                  • Zilvara Dejewels
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Sep 4, 2003
                                      Hummmmss intresting point there matt but i think i have a way to
                                      explain why this was done with that rule
                                      forgive me if i screw this up all but i will try and explain it

                                      the rule for full restoration was made for this group i believe so
                                      that it wuld be a complete act or story and try to follow throu with
                                      the idea of a full act or show, and also in keeping that the assistant
                                      was not musused in that
                                      so for the assistant not to be misused she needs to be restored
                                      this as yo will notice has been part of this group to hold the full
                                      show to it or magic acts of division and "restoration"

                                      where in as the magic unlimited club was made to give those stories
                                      that have some extra or neet magic fuller reign like stephanies story
                                      just receintly did have a platform also to be show

                                      some of are readers need in there frame of mind that line in how they
                                      see these stories either to keep there sanity or in that is what they
                                      like

                                      i my self have known of several whom have had to battle where the line
                                      is drawn in there lives with this intrest as the live blurs for them
                                      and they are tring hard to keep it a inrest with out letting it get
                                      out of hand

                                      so for the restoration is needed for this group is one of the reasons
                                      we have that as a rule where the magic unlimited is for the ones whom
                                      can handle that side

                                      for all btw don't think i am saying your not capable of dealing with
                                      things , everyone has there own level there able to deal with

                                      you willl notice we also put a 18+ and under 18 section to the groups
                                      basicly with this stuff were tring to help are fellow members be able
                                      to enjoy what they like and to what level there willing or able to go
                                      to in stories

                                      i hope this helps you all with understanding a possible reason for the
                                      way the groups are set up

                                      huggles to all

                                      signed zilvara dejewels
                                    • john
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Sep 4, 2003
                                        this may also have to do with the code of behavior i've noticed at
                                        cyber role playing groups where leaving your assistant unrestored is
                                        considered bad form. no pun intended
                                        --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Zilvara Dejewels"

                                      • Petra DeJewels
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Sep 6, 2003
                                          Zilvy is exactly right...
                                          This group was set up for the purpose of having a place where people
                                          who didn't want to get into the more extreme version of magic to read
                                          the stories and enjoy themselves.
                                          This includes those who are under 18...

                                          And the restored assistant rule DOES keep the assistant from being
                                          misused in that she's back to normal by the time the story's
                                          finished.. Usually in such a way she's interested in trying more
                                          magic later.
                                          (I know if someone had divided me and proved they could restore me
                                          with no ill effects I'd certainly want to try it again!) :)

                                          But since some people are more adventurous than others, that's why
                                          the Magic Stories Unlimited group was created and the assistant can
                                          be left unrestored by the end of the story.

                                          Petra DeJewels
                                          Moderator of Cyber Magic Library & Magic Stories Unlimited

                                          <zilvara@e...> wrote:
                                          > Hummmmss intresting point there matt but i think i have a way to
                                          > explain why this was done with that rule
                                          > forgive me if i screw this up all but i will try and explain it
                                          >
                                          > the rule for full restoration was made for this group i believe so
                                          > that it wuld be a complete act or story and try to follow throu
                                          with
                                          > the idea of a full act or show, and also in keeping that the
                                          assistant
                                          > was not musused in that
                                          > so for the assistant not to be misused she needs to be restored
                                          > this as yo will notice has been part of this group to hold the full
                                          > show to it or magic acts of division and "restoration"
                                          >
                                          > where in as the magic unlimited club was made to give those stories
                                          > that have some extra or neet magic fuller reign like stephanies
                                          story
                                          > just receintly did have a platform also to be show
                                          >
                                          > some of are readers need in there frame of mind that line in how
                                          they
                                          > see these stories either to keep there sanity or in that is what
                                          they
                                          > like
                                          >
                                          > i my self have known of several whom have had to battle where the
                                          line
                                          > is drawn in there lives with this intrest as the live blurs for
                                          them
                                          > and they are tring hard to keep it a inrest with out letting it get
                                          > out of hand
                                          >
                                          > so for the restoration is needed for this group is one of the
                                          reasons
                                          > we have that as a rule where the magic unlimited is for the ones
                                          whom
                                          > can handle that side
                                          >
                                          > for all btw don't think i am saying your not capable of dealing
                                          with
                                          > things , everyone has there own level there able to deal with
                                          >
                                          > you willl notice we also put a 18+ and under 18 section to the
                                          groups
                                          > basicly with this stuff were tring to help are fellow members be
                                          able
                                          > to enjoy what they like and to what level there willing or able to
                                          go
                                          > to in stories
                                          >

                                          > i hope this helps you all with understanding a possible reason for
                                          the
                                          > way the groups are set up
                                          >
                                          > huggles to all
                                          >
                                          > signed zilvara dejewels
                                        • Joe
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Sep 6, 2003
                                            I personally thought the story was very well thought out and well
                                            written. I think the author should be applauded for a wholly awesome
                                            story. This having been said, the story does break the rules that we
                                            all agreed to follow. It is my humble oppinion that the story should
                                            be moves to Magic Stories Unlimited

                                            The other, other, other Joe