Andi (andiloves2heads) Has Chosen to leave the Group

  • Brent
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
      Greetings Group,

      I'm making this post at the request of Andi (yahoo id
      andiloves2heads).

      While chatting with her today she made the descision to leave both
      the magic stories unlmited group and the cyber magic library group.

      Her descision was made, as I understand it from our talk, on the fact
      that she disagrees with the way the group is being run and didn't
      feel she could speak her mind.

      To explain why she felt that way I should give some background info.
      Andi made some posts in the past that were rather off color for the
      cyber magic library group, and in the case of this group she attacked
      me and made insulting comments on some other posts so from time to
      time her posts got set to moderated, she took exception to this.

      I'm hoping in the future she'll return to these groups but I don't
      know.

      Anyway I know return you to your regular scheduled programing.

      Brent.
    • Eric Carr
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
        > Andi made some posts in the past that were rather off color for
        the cyber magic library group, and in the case of this group she
        attacked me and made insulting comments on some other posts so from
        time to time her posts got set to moderated, she took exception to
        this.

        Hi Brent,

        With regards to this line in your post, I would just like to say
        that if people cannot conduct themselves in a mature manner, then
        good riddance. Sure, I like a "dirty" joke and a good time now and
        then but when people get out of control and then start blaming you
        when you try to "reprimand" them, I feel that there is no place FOR
        them. I mean, my 3-year-old acts more mature than that.

        Eric
      • Brent
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
          Eric,

          I hate to see anyone leave this group, or any group for that
          matter. I'm as much to blame for what happened with Andi as she is
          because quite honestly it wasn't handled well from the moderator
          side either.

          I should have added a little more explanation probably on the
          story. I initiated the conversation with her today because she
          emailed us specifically asking why she'd been left as moderated.
          You see up until that point we'd never spoken directly other than
          group posts and that wasn't fair to her really. I should have
          contacted her and told her why she was being moderated.

          I'd hate to see anyone get banned from either of these groups, cyber
          magic library or magic stories unlimited, that's why I use the
          moderation setting to give people time to cool down instead of
          simply banning them as trouble makers. Unfortunately this doesn't
          work very well unless I step up to the plate and email them to let
          them know what's going on.

          Oh well, I guess at this point it's all water under the bridge.
          Hopefully one day fences can be mended and we can all get back to
          the business of making this group the best magic group on yahoo.

          Have a good evening,

          Brent.

          --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Carr"
          <ericcarr_18017@y...> wrote:
          > > Andi made some posts in the past that were rather off color for
          > the cyber magic library group, and in the case of this group she
          > attacked me and made insulting comments on some other posts so
          from
          > time to time her posts got set to moderated, she took exception to
          > this.
          >

          > Hi Brent,
          >
          > With regards to this line in your post, I would just like to say
          > that if people cannot conduct themselves in a mature manner, then
          > good riddance. Sure, I like a "dirty" joke and a good time now
          and
          > then but when people get out of control and then start blaming you
          > when you try to "reprimand" them, I feel that there is no place
          FOR
          > them. I mean, my 3-year-old acts more mature than that.
          >
          > Eric
        • MixMeUP
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
            *coughs* Um, Eric? How much do you know about the situation? I doubt I know much more than you, but as the situation presented itself to me, over the period of a year or more, one joke was taken out of context, one was made in poor taste, and another was just bad, though it was making fun of bad things as far as I'm aware. There was a jab at the moderator of course, but I believe that was in regard to rather scathing review of a young author and Andi seemed to have tried to jump in with some encouragement for the author when her assistance wasn't needed. To sum that up, over the period of a year or more, perhaps only a handful, if that, of comments were not completely up to par for the cyber Magic Library. Reading back through the message logs here AND at the magic stories unlimited, I've seen instance after instance of Andi being nothing but a completely worthwhile person to have around, and a fan of yours I might add. If you immediately turn your back on your fans...

            But enough of that. Neither Eric's post or Brent's should have been here, as they are off topic. She left of her own accord, and smiling as I understand it. Please don't twist this into something it is not, and leave the discussion where it is.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
              In light of new information, let's just put everything behind us and
              move on without causing a flame war.

              Eric

              --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "MixMeUP"
              <RebeccaStanton486@h...> wrote:
              > *coughs* Um, Eric? How much do you know about the situation? I
              doubt I know much more than you, but as the situation presented
              itself to me, over the period of a year or more, one joke was taken
              out of context, one was made in poor taste, and another was just
              bad, though it was making fun of bad things as far as I'm aware.
              There was a jab at the moderator of course, but I believe that was
              in regard to rather scathing review of a young author and Andi
              seemed to have tried to jump in with some encouragement for the
              author when her assistance wasn't needed. To sum that up, over the
              period of a year or more, perhaps only a handful, if that, of
              comments were not completely up to par for the cyber Magic Library.
              Reading back through the message logs here AND at the magic stories
              unlimited, I've seen instance after instance of Andi being nothing
              but a completely worthwhile person to have around, and a fan of
              yours I might add. If you immediately turn your back on your fans...

              > But enough of that. Neither Eric's post or Brent's should have
              been here, as they are off topic. She left of her own accord, and
              smiling as I understand it. Please don't twist this into something
              it is not, and leave the discussion where it is.

              Chosen to leave the Group

              > > Andi made some posts in the past that were rather off color
              for
              > the cyber magic library group, and in the case of this group she
              > attacked me and made insulting comments on some other posts so
              from
              > time to time her posts got set to moderated, she took exception
              > this.
              >

              > Hi Brent,
              >
              > With regards to this line in your post, I would just like to say
              > that if people cannot conduct themselves in a mature manner,
              then
              > good riddance. Sure, I like a "dirty" joke and a good time now
              and
              > then but when people get out of control and then start blaming
              you
              > when you try to "reprimand" them, I feel that there is no place
              FOR
              > them. I mean, my 3-year-old acts more mature than that.
              >
              > Eric

            • Eric Carr
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
                Seeing my past 2 comments in writing, I have decided to shut up for
                the time being (I now have 2 feet in my mouth with no more room).

                Eric

                P.S. - No, that wasn't supposed to be a foot-fetish joke, ToddJoel.

                <ericcarr_18017@y...> wrote:
                > In light of new information, let's just put everything behind us
                and
                > move on without causing a flame war.
                >
                > Eric
                >

                > --- In cyber_magic_library@yahoogroups.com, "MixMeUP"
                > <RebeccaStanton486@h...> wrote:
                > > *coughs* Um, Eric? How much do you know about the situation? I
                > doubt I know much more than you, but as the situation presented
                > itself to me, over the period of a year or more, one joke was
                taken
                > out of context, one was made in poor taste, and another was just
                > bad, though it was making fun of bad things as far as I'm aware.
                > There was a jab at the moderator of course, but I believe that was
                > in regard to rather scathing review of a young author and Andi
                > seemed to have tried to jump in with some encouragement for the
                > author when her assistance wasn't needed. To sum that up, over the
                > period of a year or more, perhaps only a handful, if that, of
                > comments were not completely up to par for the cyber Magic
                Library.
                > Reading back through the message logs here AND at the magic
                stories
                > unlimited, I've seen instance after instance of Andi being nothing
                > but a completely worthwhile person to have around, and a fan of
                > yours I might add. If you immediately turn your back on your
                fans...

                > > But enough of that. Neither Eric's post or Brent's should have
                > been here, as they are off topic. She left of her own accord, and
                > smiling as I understand it. Please don't twist this into something
                > it is not, and leave the discussion where it is.

              • Joe
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
                  *puts down flamethrower* AWWWW!!!!!!!!! *jk*