Re: tr

  • tgpedersen@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001

      > > From: Dr. J. G. Th. Graesse (1909)
      > >
      > > Orbis Latinus
      > >
      > > at: http://www.cuni.cz/~pribrami/ruzne/Graesse/contents.html
      > >
      > > Thuringia, -i, -ea, Thoringi, Thyringia, Thuringei, Toringa, -ia,
      Tur-

      --- In cybalist@y..., "João S. Lopes Filho" <jodan99@u...> wrote:
      > I think this attempt to look for TUR-cities and relate all them is
      similar
      > to attempts of relate all places with a supposed *KAR- preffix.
      This KAR
      > preffix was considered a prove of link between West Asia and
      America.
      > cf. Tupian Cari "white man, European", Caribe, Caraiba,
      Carioca "white man's
      > house", Karnak, Carnacum, Carinthia, Caria, Caru, [Hali]karnassos,
      etc.
      > Just coincidence.

      Oh, I see.
      You left out caribous.
      I was just about to add Torino (presumably from a Celtic pl. gen. of
      a *Turin- tribe).

      Torsten
    • tgpedersen@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
        --- In cybalist@y..., tgpedersen@h... wrote:

        > > > From: Dr. J. G. Th. Graesse (1909)
        > > >
        > > > Orbis Latinus
        > > >
        > > > at: http://www.cuni.cz/~pribrami/ruzne/Graesse/contents.html
        > > >
        > > > Thuringia, -i, -ea, Thoringi, Thyringia, Thuringei, Toringa, -
        ia,
        > Tur-
        > > > , Taringi, Toringaba, -guba, Loringi, Duringi, -a
        > > >
        > > > Thüringen, region between Harz and Thüringerwald.
        > > >
        > > > which is interesting, since, judging by the -leben place names
        > > > (corresponding to the -lev and -löv names in Denmark (minus
        > > > Nørrejylland) and Scania), this is where "Odin" founded his
        > nation in
        > > > Germany.
        > > >
        > > > Turoni, Metropolis civitas Turonum, Turonorum, Turonensium or
        > > > Turenorum, Augusta Turonum, T(h)oronus, Turonica civitas,
        > > > Caesarodunum
        > > >
        > > > Tours, city, France (Indre-et-Loire).
        > > >
        > > > home town of the Celtic tribe of Turones, and of Gregory of
        Tours,
        > > > who also writes of the Trojan connection of the Franks
        > > >
        > > > Turicum (Helvetiorum), -gum, Thuregum, Tigurum, Duregum,
        Thuricum,
        > > > Duorum regium, Turegum, Thuricina civitas, Durae aquae, Thirigum
        > > > (Zuercensis)
        > > >
        > > > Zürich, city, Switzerland.
        > > >
        > > > meaning?
        > > >
        > > > Torsten
        > > >

        > --- In cybalist@y..., "João S. Lopes Filho" <jodan99@u...> wrote:
        > > I think this attempt to look for TUR-cities and relate all them
        is
        > similar
        > > to attempts of relate all places with a supposed *KAR- preffix.
        > This KAR
        > > preffix was considered a prove of link between West Asia and
        > America.
        > > cf. Tupian Cari "white man, European", Caribe, Caraiba,
        > Carioca "white man's
        > > house", Karnak, Carnacum, Carinthia, Caria, Caru, [Hali]
        karnassos,
        > etc.
        > > Just coincidence.
        >
        > Oh, I see.
        > You left out caribous.
        > I was just about to add Torino (presumably from a Celtic pl. gen.
        of
        > a *Turin- tribe).
        >
        > Torsten

        Are there any written sources to support the *KAR- theory? Otherwise
        I don't think the comparison holds.
      • tgpedersen@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
          --- In cybalist@y..., tgpedersen@h... wrote:

          > ia,
          > > Tur-

          > > nation in

          > Tours,

          > Thuricum,
          Thirigum

          > > I was just about to add Torino (presumably from a Celtic pl. gen.
          > of
          > > a *Turin- tribe).
          > >
          > > Torsten

          I should perhaps point out (before someone beats me to it) that the
          Thuringia/Frankish/Odin in Germany trail ends in Merovingians/the
          Holy Grail/Knights Templars/Rennes-le-Chateau and other stuff with a
          nice nutty flavor. Which would make that "sang real" the bloodline of
          Odin instead?
          Henry Lincoln says the very secret Prieuré society is trying to
          reinstate the Merovingian kingdom. One family in that bloodline is
          Monpezat. The prince consort of the Danish Queen is a Monpezat. Which
          means... Tum-dee-dum.
          Sorry, couldn't help myself.