Greppin, John Skt. Garuda, Gk. géranos: The Ba ttle of the Cranes

  • Joao S. Lopes
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2014
      Does anyone has a PDF copy of John Greppin's essay The Battle of The Cranes, or any similar paper?

      JS Lopes
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2014
        On 2014-05-01 02:00, Joao S. Lopes wrote:
        > Does anyone has a PDF copy of John Greppin's essay The Battle of The
        > Cranes, or any similar paper?

        I read it when preparing my own article *) on the etymology of "crane",
        but haven't kept a PDF.

        John Greppin is also the author of the entry for "Crane" in the EIEC,
        which contains a brief summary of his JIES article.

        Piotr

        *)
        http://www.ejournals.eu/SEC/Tom-18-(2013)/Numer-1/art/287/
        A preprint copy can be found here:
        https://repozytorium.amu.edu.pl/jspui/bitstream/10593/2391/3/Grus.pdf
      • bmscotttg
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2014
          John has an e-mail address that can be found at

          http://www.csuohio.edu/class/english/john-greppin

          He’s an odd fish, and I can’t say how likely he is
          to be helpful, but it might be worth a try.

          Brian