Re: Sad news: Jens Rasmussen (1944-2013)

  • Alx
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16 10:45 PM
      --- In cybalist@yahoogroups.com, Piotr Gasiorowski <gpiotr@...> wrote:

      > Dear Cybalisters,
      >
      > Jens E. Rasmussen, one of the greatest and most original
      > Indo-Europeanists of out time has passed away. He was for many years a
      > very active member of our list and all those who had the opportunity to
      > discuss linguistic problems with Jens learnt a lot from him. I had the
      > honour to know him personally. The hospitality of Jens, his wife Birgit,
      > and all the Copenhagen team made my visits there unforgettable.
      > Condolences to all our mutual friends. Rest in peace, dear Jens!
      >
      > Piotr

      sorry to hear this.. 69 is really still young nowadays..... sad news Piotr,
      sad news... Rest in peace Jens.

      Alex
    • Sergejus Tarasovas
      Message 2 of 5 , May 18 3:32 PM
        A sad news indeed, let me join your condolences. He looked so hale and hearty at the Copenhagen's Fachtagung just half a year ago -- at least over the Internet... I haven't had a chance to meet him outside Cybalist, and I still feel like and old acquaintance is gone.