Re: [tied] Sad news: Jens Rasmussen (1944-2013)

  • Max Dashu
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2013
      Very sorry to hear this~

      Max

      Dear Cybalisters,

      Jens E. Rasmussen, one of the greatest and most original
      Indo-Europeanists of out time has passed away. He was for many years a
      very active member of our list and all those who had the opportunity to
      discuss linguistic problems with Jens learnt a lot from him. I had the
      honour to know him personally. The hospitality of Jens, his wife Birgit,
      and all the Copenhagen team made my visits there unforgettable.
      Condolences to all our mutual friends. Rest in peace, dear Jens!

      Max Dashu

    • Alx
      Message 2 of 5 , May 16, 2013
        --- In cybalist@yahoogroups.com, Piotr Gasiorowski <gpiotr@...> wrote:

        > Dear Cybalisters,
        >
        > Jens E. Rasmussen, one of the greatest and most original
        > Indo-Europeanists of out time has passed away. He was for many years a
        > very active member of our list and all those who had the opportunity to
        > discuss linguistic problems with Jens learnt a lot from him. I had the
        > honour to know him personally. The hospitality of Jens, his wife Birgit,
        > and all the Copenhagen team made my visits there unforgettable.
        > Condolences to all our mutual friends. Rest in peace, dear Jens!
        >
        > Piotr

        sorry to hear this.. 69 is really still young nowadays..... sad news Piotr,
        sad news... Rest in peace Jens.

        Alex
      • Sergejus Tarasovas
        Message 3 of 5 , May 18, 2013
          A sad news indeed, let me join your condolences. He looked so hale and hearty at the Copenhagen's Fachtagung just half a year ago -- at least over the Internet... I haven't had a chance to meet him outside Cybalist, and I still feel like and old acquaintance is gone.