Re: [tied] Sad news: Jens Rasmussen (1944-2013)

  • Bhrihskwobhloukstroy
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2013
      I can't imagine Indo-European Linguistics without him...

      2013/5/16, Piotr Gasiorowski <gpiotr@...>:
      > Dear Cybalisters,
      >
      > Jens E. Rasmussen, one of the greatest and most original
      > Indo-Europeanists of out time has passed away. He was for many years a
      > very active member of our list and all those who had the opportunity to
      > discuss linguistic problems with Jens learnt a lot from him. I had the
      > honour to know him personally. The hospitality of Jens, his wife Birgit,
      > and all the Copenhagen team made my visits there unforgettable.
      > Condolences to all our mutual friends. Rest in peace, dear Jens!
      >
      > Piotr

    • Max Dashu

        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2013
          --- In cybalist@yahoogroups.com, Piotr Gasiorowski <gpiotr@...> wrote:

          > Dear Cybalisters,
          >
          > Jens E. Rasmussen, one of the greatest and most original
          > Indo-Europeanists of out time has passed away. He was for many years a
          > very active member of our list and all those who had the opportunity to
          > discuss linguistic problems with Jens learnt a lot from him. I had the
          > honour to know him personally. The hospitality of Jens, his wife Birgit,
          > and all the Copenhagen team made my visits there unforgettable.
          > Condolences to all our mutual friends. Rest in peace, dear Jens!
          >
          > Piotr

          sorry to hear this.. 69 is really still young nowadays..... sad news Piotr,
          sad news... Rest in peace Jens.

          Alex
        • Sergejus Tarasovas
          Message 4 of 5 , May 18, 2013
            A sad news indeed, let me join your condolences. He looked so hale and hearty at the Copenhagen's Fachtagung just half a year ago -- at least over the Internet... I haven't had a chance to meet him outside Cybalist, and I still feel like and old acquaintance is gone.