Sad news: Jens Rasmussen (1944-2013)

    Message 1 of 5 , May 16 2:54 PM
      Dear Cybalisters,

      Jens E. Rasmussen, one of the greatest and most original
      Indo-Europeanists of out time has passed away. He was for many years a
      very active member of our list and all those who had the opportunity to
      discuss linguistic problems with Jens learnt a lot from him. I had the
      honour to know him personally. The hospitality of Jens, his wife Birgit,
      and all the Copenhagen team made my visits there unforgettable.
      Condolences to all our mutual friends. Rest in peace, dear Jens!

      Piotr
    • Bhrihskwobhloukstroy
      Message 2 of 5 , May 16 5:37 PM
        I can't imagine Indo-European Linguistics without him...

        2013/5/16, Piotr Gasiorowski <gpiotr@...>:
        > Dear Cybalisters,
        >
        > Jens E. Rasmussen, one of the greatest and most original
        > Indo-Europeanists of out time has passed away. He was for many years a
        > very active member of our list and all those who had the opportunity to
        > discuss linguistic problems with Jens learnt a lot from him. I had the
        > honour to know him personally. The hospitality of Jens, his wife Birgit,
        > and all the Copenhagen team made my visits there unforgettable.
        > Condolences to all our mutual friends. Rest in peace, dear Jens!
        >
        > Piotr

      • Max Dashu

          Message 4 of 5 , May 16 10:45 PM
            --- In cybalist@yahoogroups.com, Piotr Gasiorowski <gpiotr@...> wrote:

            > Dear Cybalisters,
            >
            > Jens E. Rasmussen, one of the greatest and most original
            > Indo-Europeanists of out time has passed away. He was for many years a
            > very active member of our list and all those who had the opportunity to
            > discuss linguistic problems with Jens learnt a lot from him. I had the
            > honour to know him personally. The hospitality of Jens, his wife Birgit,
            > and all the Copenhagen team made my visits there unforgettable.
            > Condolences to all our mutual friends. Rest in peace, dear Jens!
            >
            > Piotr

            sorry to hear this.. 69 is really still young nowadays..... sad news Piotr,
            sad news... Rest in peace Jens.

            Alex
          • Sergejus Tarasovas
            Message 5 of 5 , May 18 3:32 PM
              A sad news indeed, let me join your condolences. He looked so hale and hearty at the Copenhagen's Fachtagung just half a year ago -- at least over the Internet... I haven't had a chance to meet him outside Cybalist, and I still feel like and old acquaintance is gone.