Re: [tied] IE m / bh alt.

  • Bhrihskwobhloukstroy
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
      different suffixes

      2013/3/9, cewhalen <cewhalen@...>:

      > Does anyone have any explanation (besides what I've said) for m / bh alt.
      > in:
      >
      > columen = top/ridge of house L; kolophó:n = summit G;
      >
      > kemás\kemmás\kemphás = young deer G; çamana-s = ~antelope S;
      >
      > etc.?

    • patrick cuadrado
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 10, 2013
        Hello
        does any links betwwen Kemas Young deer and Kamox Chamois Celtic or Substrat world ?

        Patrick
        mon blog/mes oeuvres ici
        Arthur Unbeau
        http://www.pikeo.com/ArthurUnbeau

        > Does anyone have any explanation (besides what I've said) for m / bh alt.
        > in:
        >
        > columen = top/ridge of house L; kolophó:n = summit G;
        >
        > kemás\kemmás\kemphás = young deer G; çamana-s = ~antelope S;
        >
        > etc.?

      • Bhrihskwobhloukstroy
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 10, 2013
          The connection is difficult due to semantic reasons, if kem'as isa
          formation from root √*k'em- 'hornless' (IEW 556)

          2013/3/10, patrick cuadrado <dicoceltique@...>:
          > Hello
          > does any links betwwen Kemas Young deer and Kamox Chamois Celtic or Substrat
          > world ?
          >
          > Patrick
          > mon blog/mes oeuvres ici
          > Arthur Unbeau
          > http://www.pikeo.com/ArthurUnbeau
          >
          > --- En date de : Dim 10.3.13, Bhrihskwobhloukstroy
          > <bhrihstlobhrouzghdhroy@...> a écrit :
          >

          > De: Bhrihskwobhloukstroy <bhrihstlobhrouzghdhroy@...>
          > Objet: Re: [tied] IE m / bh alt.
          > À: cybalist@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Dimanche 10 mars 2013, 0h00
          >

          > different suffixes
          >
          > 2013/3/9, cewhalen <cewhalen@...>:
          >>
          >> Does anyone have any explanation (besides what I've said) for m / bh alt.
          >> in:
          >>
          >> columen = top/ridge of house L; kolophó:n = summit G;
          >>
          >> kemás\kemmás\kemphás = young deer G; çamana-s = ~antelope S;
          >>
          >> etc.?

        • Rick McCallister
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 10, 2013
            Would you put Collossos with these two, then?

            > Does anyone have any explanation (besides what I've said) for m / bh alt.
            > in:
            >
            > columen = top/ridge of house L; kolophó:n = summit G;
            >
            > kemás\kemmás\kemphás = young deer G; çamana-s = ~antelope S;
            >
            > etc.?

          • Bhrihskwobhloukstroy
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 12, 2013
              I'm afraid I can't correctly understand Your question (because I fail
              to recognize Collossos); could You please give me more hints?

              2013/3/11, Rick McCallister <gabaroo6958@...>:
              > Would you put Collossos with these two, then?
              >
              > --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Bhrihskwobhloukstroy <bhrihstlobhrouzghdhroy@...>
              > wrote:
              >

              > From: Bhrihskwobhloukstroy <bhrihstlobhrouzghdhroy@...>
              > Subject: Re: [tied] IE m / bh alt.
              > To: cybalist@yahoogroups.com
              > Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 6:00 PM
              >

              > different suffixes
              >
              > 2013/3/9, cewhalen <cewhalen@...>:
              >>
              >> Does anyone have any explanation (besides what I've said) for m / bh alt.
              >> in:
              >>
              >> columen = top/ridge of house L; kolophó:n = summit G;
              >>
              >> kemás\kemmás\kemphás = young deer G; çamana-s = ~antelope S;
              >>
              >> etc.?

            • Rick McCallister
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 12, 2013
                Misspellng -- colossos as in the Colossus of Rhodes

                I'm afraid I can't correctly understand Your question (because I fail
                to recognize Collossos); could You please give me more hints?

                2013/3/11, Rick McCallister <gabaroo6958@...>:
                > Would you put Collossos with these two, then?
                >
                > --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Bhrihskwobhloukstroy <bhrihstlobhrouzghdhroy@...>
                > wrote:
                >

                > From: Bhrihskwobhloukstroy <bhrihstlobhrouzghdhroy@...>
                > Subject: Re: [tied] IE m / bh alt.
                > To: cybalist@yahoogroups.com
                > Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 6:00 PM
                >

                > different suffixes
                >
                > 2013/3/9, cewhalen <cewhalen@...>:
                >>
                >> Does anyone have any explanation (besides what I've said) for m / bh alt.
                >> in:
                >>
                >> columen = top/ridge of house L; kolophó:n = summit G;
                >>
                >> kemás\kemmás\kemphás = young deer G; çamana-s = ~antelope S;
                >>
                >> etc.?

              • Bhrihskwobhloukstroy
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 12, 2013
                  Its variant kolott'os and kolek'anos 'long, thin person' suggest a
                  reconstruction *k(')ol(h1)ok(')-y'o-s, maybe from root *kelH- 'high'