[tied] Re: Exile of Roma founders from India c. 1405 years ago - Genetic study in PLoS of Dr. Gyaneshwer Chaubey and team. Re-evaluate I-E/ANE studies.

  • bowlweevils
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2012
      If the Roma coming from India 1400 years ago is the basis for the claim
      that everyone else did, there's quite a few problems.

      But let's just use the incorrect logic to deal with it.

      Alexander the Great led his armies to India 900 years before the Roma
      left India, so that means that Indian languages are descended from
      Greek, right?

      Or are we going to torture logic and history even more and claim that
      Alexander's armies were so awesomely impressed that they surrendered
      their native language at the Indus, and started speaking Hindi on the
      way back to Babylon?

      --- In cybalist@yahoogroups.com, Rick McCallister <gabaroo6958@...>
      wrote:

      > It doesn't. It's a pseudo-intelelctual point: if the Roma came from
      India, then so did everyone else.

      > ________________________________

      http://bharatkalyan97.blogspot.in/2012/11/exile-of-roma-founders-from-in\
      dia-c_28.html

      > > Exile of Roma founders from India c. 1405 years ago - Genetic study
      > > in PLoS of Dr. Gyaneshwer Chaubey and team. Re-evaluate I-E/ANE
      > >  studies.ÂÂ
      > > Proponents of Aryan Invasion/Migration/Trickle-in/Tourist theorists
      > > should re-think and re-evaluate the formation of Indo-European
      > > languages after contacts between Hindu civilization people and
      > > .people of Ancient Near East.
      >
      > Could you please lay out this idea more clearly? What should I
      rethink, exactly? I don't have any idea how the Roma migration out of
      India 1400 years ago should say or even prove something about the
      origins of a language that is several thousand years older.

    • Rick McCallister
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012
        But Big Al didn't. If Alexander had spoken Hindi, my lastname would be mac Sikander instead of mac Alasdair --which was sassanached as Mc Callister