Marduk=Marut=Marutash=Amaratu

  • Joao S. Lopes
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2006
      Is it possible to connect Akkadian god Marduk (Amaratu) to Vedic Marut, through Kassite Marutash?
      I know there was also attempts to link marut to Mars (Mavors)

      Joao SL

      O Yahoo! está de cara nova. Venha conferir!
    • amshuman_k
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2006
        The functional features of maruts are - (a) almost always being
        referred to in plural, (b) connection with forms of winds (storms,
        breezes and so on) and (c) presiding deities of troops (military
        toops? - from the mantra maruto gaNAnAM adhipatayastemavantu..). I am
        not sure whether Marduk ever had functions as a storm deity or patron
        deity of military troops. Maybe comparative mythologists have more
        answers.

        Regards,
        Chari

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2006
          Marduk used winds as weapons against Tiamat and his monstruous offspring, since Marduk replaced the original Enlil, God of Air and Winds, in Mesopotamian theogony.

          amshuman_k <amshuman_k@...> escreveu:
          The functional features of maruts are - (a) almost always being
          referred to in plural, (b) connection with forms of winds (storms,
          breezes and so on) and (c) presiding deities of troops (military
          toops? - from the mantra maruto gaNAnAM adhipatayastemavant u..). I am
          not sure whether Marduk ever had functions as a storm deity or patron
          deity of military troops. Maybe comparative mythologists have more
          answers.

          Regards,
          Chari

          --- In cybalist@yahoogroup s.com, "Joao S. Lopes" <josimo70@.. .> wrote:

          > Is it possible to connect Akkadian god Marduk (Amaratu) to Vedic
          Marut, through Kassite Marutash?
          > I know there was also attempts to link marut to Mars (Mavors)
          >
          > Joao SL

          > O Yahoo! está de cara nova. Venha conferir!

          Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Yahoo! Respostas!