[cybalist] IE Regular Course

  • dusty_ceratos@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 1999
      Good days for all cybalist members!

      IE language is not stem area of my interest; but I'm interesting in
      PIE culture and religion. So I'm not so close to modern concept of
      "what PIE language are?"
      Can you recommend me some kind of study course, which describe modern
      wide-enough-common look at reconstructed PIE language? I've gracefully
      thanks you for any URL or (especially to Cyrill Badaev) for any book,
      which can be found in Moscow (shop or library).

      WBR,
      Alexander Dakhov AKA Dusty.
    • dusty_ceratos@hotmail.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 1999
          Dear Alexander,

          I wish I could give you something universal on PIE on the Web: but it
          still lacks such places, and I hope some time later CyBaLiSt (with the
          help of all us) will become a complete Indo-European database.

          As for books, didn't you see Gamkrelidze & Ivanov "Indoevropejskij
          yazyk i indoevropejtsy" (1984)? It's a good and full work. For
          introdution to IE linguistics, see Antoine Meillet "Vvedenije v
          sravnitel'noje izuchenije IE jazykov".

          Best wishes!

          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/cybalist/?start=32

        • dusty_ceratos@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 23, 1999
            cyryll-@... wrote:
            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/cybalist/?start=36
            > Dear Alexander,
            >
            > I wish I could give you something universal on PIE on the Web: but it
            > still lacks such places, and I hope some time later CyBaLiSt (with the
            > help of all us) will become a complete Indo-European database.
            >
            > As for books, didn't you see Gamkrelidze & Ivanov "Indoevropejskij
            > yazyk i indoevropejtsy" (1984)? It's a good and full work. For
            > introdution to IE linguistics, see Antoine Meillet "Vvedenije v
            > sravnitel'noje izuchenije IE jazykov".
            >
            > Best wishes!

            Dear Cyrill,

            Thank you for your help, and, especially, for your CyBaLiSt support.
            Your site is extremely good and useful for anyone, who wishes to _work_
            at problems of IE languages. But (as for today) it's lacks _study_
            materials. It's not my business to critique you, but if you need a bit
            of help to do some kind of those materials, I'll want to try to help
            you (as more as I can).

            As for books, you mentioned, - can you tell me, are they now
            available in shops (and which shops)? Or I'll better focus my efforts
            on libraries (what is worse to me)?

            With best thanks,
            Alexander Dakhov.