[cybalist] Re: Scythia

  • cyryllo@mail.ru
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 1999
      dcadi-@... wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/cybalist/?start=29
      > Hi! I' a new member on this list. My name is Vojislav Cancarevic. I'm
      > from Macedonia, and I am working on proto IE, mycenaean greek and
      greek
      > and latin dialectology.
      >
      > I think somebody mentioned Scythia a few days ago, so that reminded me
      > of a rather interesting article from an author named Valentyn
      Stetsiuk.
      > It deals with the language and the national identity of the ancient
      > scythians. The same author has written a rather large work on the
      > ethnogenesis of several Asian and IE peoples. Both papers can be found
      > on-line, the address is
      > http://www.brama.com/education/archives.html
      >
      > I'm very interested in your opinion about these papers.
      >
      > Cordially,
      >
      > Vojislav Cancarevic

      Hi Vojislav,

      Welcome to our small (yet), but warm community! I would appreciate your
      notes and materials about Mycenaean which the Web still lacks.

      As for Stetsiuk, I am acquainted with him: half a year ago he asked me
      how he could publish his works online. I gave him a little piece of
      advice, so I'm proud to say that his online works are a bit of my
      favour. He sent me his works then, but now I will look them up once
      again, thank you for referring to them.

      Best,

      Babaev
    • Michael J Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2003
        Just wondering if anyone is interested in joining the Scythia
        group, scythia@yahoogroups.com. THere are only four of us and not much
        discussion, so it'd be cool if others joined,

        Michael

        Only $9.95 per month!
        Visit www.juno.com