RE:Re: Alb. kuder_guda

  • S & L
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2003
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: g
      To: cybalist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 2:16 PM
      Subject: [tied] Re: Alb. kuder

      >I [...] showed the Latin "gaudeo" [...]
      >the word "gudura"

      Still: why?

      >I hope there is no mistake in DEX for Albanian "gudutis".

      Perhaps it contains a typo.

      > >(In the figurative sense, "a se gudura pe lânga cineva
      > >"means "to curry favor".)
      >
      >figurative about human beings: to curry favor

      Oh, thank you for translating it from English into
      English. :)

      >in DEX "gudã" is not to find. Edition 1998

      So, the recent authors, as the previous generation of
      authors, have concluded this word is such a regionalism
      that doesn't deserve being mentioned in such (otherwise
      quite substantial) dictionaries.

      >Alex

      George

      It is mentioned clearly as regionalism [having 7 different meanings; the
      most strange: Vataful flacailor care umbla in noaptea de Craciun cu
      colindatul!; unknown etymology], at page 584/vol. D-H, in the Micul
      Dictionar Academic, Academia Romana-Institutul de Lingvistica "Iorgu
      Iordan-Al. Rosetti", Buc., 2002.

      S o r i n