Fw: Re: [tied] Lusitanians

  • Michael J Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2003
      Whoops, I meant to say 1st Millenium, not Century, for the P-Celtic
      speakers.

      Miguel, my understanding was that Celtiberian was the language
      spoken by the tribes of part Celtic, part Iberian origin, hence the term
      Celtiberian, and that other Q-Celtic dialects were spoken be the Celtic
      tribes who hadn't merged with Iberian tribes. And didn't P-Celtic
      dialects begin to replace much of Q-Celtic speech in the middle of the
      1st Millenium B.C.?

      I always that maybe the fact that Q-Celtic was spoken in Iberia could
      lend support to the Irish myth of the Milesians settling Ireland from
      Iberia.

      -Michael

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com