Re: [tied] Vedic Astronomy - Biblio

    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2002
      Dear Pamela,

      What would that endangered culture be? Your name sounds half Danish (Pallessen), half-German (Scherehart) -- both qualifying as relatively large ethnic groups and neither actually facing extinction at present or in foreseeable future. What's this concern about miscegenation? Forgive me for putting it bluntly, but I detect a xenophobic tone in your posting, something that is rarely heard on this list. Most of the members, I presume, are interested in _various_ cultures -- the Indo-European languages have been spoken by culturally dissimilar peoples on two continents for several thousand years.

      Yours,

      Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 7:23 PM
      Subject: Re: [tied] Vedic Astronomy - Biblio

      see attached image. and realize i have NO interest in your culture.  i belong to one of the most quickly disappearing cultures on the planet and have only a need to know more about my own people before we disappear, are outbred and are miscegenated out of
      existence.  do not waste my time sending me email pamela pallessen-scherehart