Re: [tied] News: The More We Know, The Less We Know

  • Glen Gordon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2002
      Steve:
      >A man who died about 60,000 years ago in Australia could force a rethink
      >of our theory of human origins.

      I don't get it. Why does it make us rethink anything? I doubt only one
      lineage of humans were coming out of Africa in the first place. There
      would surely have been some people not directly descended from our
      genetic Eve moving out with the others. Over time, these external lineages,
      while surviving the migration out of Africa would slowly die out anyways
      as a single line eventually dominates.

      - love gLeN