45186Re: [tied] Re: Labiovelar Phonological Identity???

  • alex
    Jul 1, 2006
      C. Darwin Goranson schrieb:

      > --- In cybalist@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cybalist%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "tgpedersen" <tgpedersen@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In cybalist@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cybalist%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "C. Darwin Goranson"
      > > <cdog_squirrel@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > That would be interesting to look at. As for Torsten's idea: er,
      > > > could you give a couple of examples in Italian with labiovelar stops?
      > > >

      > > quale "which"
      > > quanto "when"
      > >

      > > Torsten
      > >
      > Er, are those labio-velars or "labiovelar + w"s ? What would
      > constitute the difference soundwise? (If possible, could you give
      > examples to explain?)

      the labiovelars seems to be a theoretical joker. By myelf I don't
      consider them for have beeing for real. Instead of this I prefer the
      Rumanian living system. There is "bi" versus "g_i" and "pi" versuch
      "ki" as a matter of fact and as a living witness of this alternance,
      regardless what was the reason of making bi/g_i and pi/ki as
      alternant pair.

      Alex
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic