Re: [CW Navy and Marine Forum] Naval Encampment at Mystic Seaport

  • Randall
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2013
      Thanks again Chuck! It will be nice to see a contingent of RCS personnel. I have been the lone RCS representative in the last few years at the Seaport. I look forward to meeting you folks there!

      Randy Patterson

      --- In cwnavyandmarineforum@yahoogroups.com, "President, NMLHA" <email@...> wrote:

      > Just them. I believe there are about eight of them attending.
      >
      > Chuck
      >
      > At 08:31 AM 5/6/2013, you wrote:
      > >

      > >Thanks, Chuck. I did see those outfits listed on
      > >the museum's website. I should have been a
      > >little more specific in my question. I'm curious
      > >if anyone has an idea of how many attendees will
      > >be portraying the RCS. I know the Tidewater folks do RCS impressions. Thanks.
      > >
      > >Randy Patterson
      > >
      > >--- In
      > ><mailto:cwnavyandmarineforum%40yahoogroups.com>cwnavyandmarineforum@yahoogroups.com,
      > >"President, NMLHA" <email@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Yes. From the Navy & Marine LHA, the Tidewater &
      > > > Marine LHA, USS Lehigh and USNLP will take part,
      > > > as will the Marine Guard of the USS Port Royal.
      > > >

      > > > Regards,
      > > > Chuck Veit
      > > > President, Navy & Marine Living History Association
      > > > www.navyandmarine.org

      > > action=home.viewPage&page_id=68F47AEA-1E4F-379B-60E4C2E493AE9D09>http://www.mysticseaport.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=68F47AEA-1E4F-379B-60E4C2E493AE9D09>http://www.mysticseaport.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=68F47AEA-1E4F-379B-60E4C2E493AE9D09
      > > > >

      > Regards,
      > Chuck Veit
      > President, Navy & Marine Living History Association
      > www.navyandmarine.org

    • Randall
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 18, 2013
        The Mystic event was great, in my opinion. The RCS boarding scenario was great as well. Unfortunately, I was unable to get around to visiting with the various units represented aside from the Tidewater folks. I was performing my usual duties as a member of the seaport's demo squad when not in uniform for the "welcome home" ceremony and the boarding scenario. I hope to get a chance to fall in with you folks again some day. There has already been talk regarding another similar event at Mystic Seaport in 2015. Keep a sharp eye! If you attended the event, feel free to share you thoughts. Fair winds and royals all the way!

        Randy Patterson