Re: [cw] Loading and Caompairing Multiple Characters

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2013
      This can be done by calling the getFileValue function, which allows you to evaluate expressions in the context of another character sheet file. You would need to set things up to get the names of the two files in whatever way is most convenient for you, and then you could call getFileValue to extract the data you need from the two files.

      One way to get file names is to have a text field for the file name, and then have an associated button that opens a getfilename dialog to populate that text field. Examples can be found in most game systems in the illustration dialog where the logo file is specified.

      On 3/9/13 2:58 PM, Eric Jackson wrote:

      After my last post I have gotten my world entry sheet for traveler at a useable point. Now onto the second step.

      I want to create a sheet that will allow you to load two different world (saved as characters) and use their values to generate cargo and passenger data between them.

      I’ve never played with loading multiple characters so I’m not sure how to start.