Re: Any Windows 8 Issues?

  • kilgs
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 23, 2012
      Thanks for the quick response!

      --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Kvam <bkvam@...> wrote:

      > We have no reports one way or the other, but expect it will work, though
      > we have not tried it ourselves. It will of course run as an old-style
      > Windows app and will not be able to take any advantage of new interface
      > features.
      >
      > Since it's a mouse-oriented application, some of the interface elements
      > may be a bit small to hit conveniently with your finger on a touch
      > screen. One way around that is to use the keyboard instead; nearly every
      > feature in Metacreator can be accessed through the keyboard.
      >
      > On 11/23/12 1:23 PM, kilgs wrote:
      > > About to buy new PC and am wondering if MC (Ars) will run fine on it or not.

    • madirishmanphd
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 24, 2012
        I have a copy of Windows 8 I haven't fiddled with yet and I've been looking for an excuse. I'll install it on a virtual machine with Metacreator and play around with it today.

        Cheers,
        Patrick

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 24, 2012
          Hmm, well, I've fooled around with Windows 8 Pro for a while with Metacreator and all my custom files. Keep in mind I'm not using a Surface tablet or anything, but other than the fact that I find navigation in Windows 8 to be a nightmare, Metacreator runs perfectly fine so far, in my experience. :^\

          Best,
          Patrick
          --
          Patrick M. Murphy, Ph.D.
          Mad Irishman Productions

          --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, "madirishmanphd" <madirishman@...> wrote:

          > I have a copy of Windows 8 I haven't fiddled with yet and I've been looking for an excuse. I'll install it on a virtual machine with Metacreator and play around with it today.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Patrick
          >
          > --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, "kilgs" <kilgs@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks for the quick response!
          > >
          > > --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Kvam <bkvam@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > We have no reports one way or the other, but expect it will work, though
          > > > we have not tried it ourselves. It will of course run as an old-style
          > > > Windows app and will not be able to take any advantage of new interface
          > > > features.
          > > >
          > > > Since it's a mouse-oriented application, some of the interface elements
          > > > may be a bit small to hit conveniently with your finger on a touch
          > > > screen. One way around that is to use the keyboard instead; nearly every
          > > > feature in Metacreator can be accessed through the keyboard.

        • Steve S.
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 24, 2012
            On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:10 PM, madirishmanphd
            <madirishman@...> wrote:

            > ... other than the fact that I find navigation in Windows 8 to be a nightmare ...

            <sigh>
            I used to be of the opinion that "if you've used one WIMP interface,
            you've used them all!" but every time MS produces a major revision of
            their UI, I realize how much that's NOT the case...
            >:-P

            I have yet to see any convincing argument that ANY of these changes
            have produced any genuine usability/productivity improvements. The
            only exception I can think of is the multiple-virtual-desktop paradigm
            (where each particular "project" can have its own complete suite of
            windows/apps/layout/etc).

            --
            "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of
            childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 25, 2012
              Great. Thanks for checking it out and letting us know!

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 10, 2013
                I can confirm no issues with Windows 8 myself.