Print Template menu question...

  • xyzzy
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 5 9:23 AM
      Is there a hotkey to bring up a text item's properties dialog?

      I find myself editing properties a lot, and a hotkey to bring up the
      dialog would be helpful if one does not exist. Basically, a key to do
      the same job that the menu combination Text/Properties does. Similar to
      how Alt+Enter brings up the Edit/Edit Objects dialog.

      Thanks,
      Paul
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 13, 2012
        On 8/12/12 10:15 AM, xyzzy wrote:
        I am considering modifying my HTML filters to use 'extractText' to obtain styles from a text file and write them into an HTML output file. This would be more robust than my present approach. Stylesheets can be several KB in size. How much text can I count on being able to return with a single call to this function?

        We use $$include to include the text of the style sheet in our Ars Magica HTML filters. extractText is currently used in Ars Magica to get the text of spell descriptions, some of which are several thousand bytes long.

        There's no intrinsic limit on the length of text that can be read with extractText; I just tested it with a 100K file, so your CSS files will probably be fine.