Re: [cw] Adding Features to Unisystem Template

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
      There's a "Generic Type" that you can select which lets you set the
      point values for the archetype and set its name. This is listed in the
      Create Character dialog.

      There are also Generic Qualities and skills linked to each Attribute
      that let you construct custom items.

      If you don't to be alerted when you violate requirements, you can simply
      ignore them or turn them off. Just uncheck the "Check Req." checkbox in
      the Available Items dialog. You can exercise more control over how
      requirements are checked in the Utilities > Preferences... dialog, in
      the Requirements section.

      On 1/31/12 6:47 PM, cybermessiah wrote:
      > Can you please add the ability to Add our own race, ARchetype, and power
      > listings with a preconstructed "Blank" metatype? I try to do it with the
      > existing templates and the Program's Constant necessitating for X race
      > or y Perk makes this extremely difficult.
      > this was available in the fuzion and hero and gurps templates but it's
      > somehow absent in the unisystem one.

    • cybermessiah
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
        On 2/1/2012 11:12 AM, Bruce Kvam wrote:

        There's a "Generic Type" that you can select which lets you set the
        point values for the archetype and set its name. This is listed in the
        Create Character dialog.

        There are also Generic Qualities and skills linked to each Attribute
        that let you construct custom items.

        If you don't to be alerted when you violate requirements, you can simply
        ignore them or turn them off. Just uncheck the "Check Req." checkbox in
        the Available Items dialog. You can exercise more control over how
        requirements are checked in the Utilities > Preferences... dialog, in
        the Requirements section.

        On 1/31/12 6:47 PM, cybermessiah wrote:
        > Can you please add the ability to Add our own race, ARchetype, and power
        > listings with a preconstructed "Blank" metatype? I try to do it with the
        > existing templates and the Program's Constant necessitating for X race
        > or y Perk makes this extremely difficult.
        > this was available in the fuzion and hero and gurps templates but it's
        > somehow absent in the unisystem one.

        ok... what about items that only appear in one book but not the other/ how do i get it to show?

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
          To see all items present in all loaded data sheets turn off selection rules (uncheck Apply Selection Rules in the Available Items dialog).

          Because items from different settings have duplicate definitions, contradictory requirements, and dependencies on underlying character sheet information, an item intended for one setting may not function correctly when used with with character sheets defined for another setting. Therefore there's no guarantee that any item will work properly if used with the wrong setting.