Savage Wolds - Trying to Create Space 1889...

  • KDoswell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2011
      So I'm hacking around (badly) in Metacreator again.

      Using Rippers as the base (and copying/modifying the .def and .inc files) I have managed to get Languages working but I am having some issues:

      Status I changed the default value in the cst file to "2+IsMonster*0" but it still displays as a 5 (the rippers default)

      Also I am trying to work out how I would add a hindrance that would remove 10 lbs from the Load Limit, I have seen the variable on the cst file is LoadLimit but I do not how I would modify it.

      Thanks in advance
    • Fyndhal
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2011
        I can't help much with the Status, I'm afraid, but perhaps I can point you in a good direction for the Loadlimit thing. The edge Brawny says, "He can carry 8 times his Strength in pounds without penalty instead of the usual 5 times his Strength."

        In Metacreator, the syntax used for this is LoadLimit+3. So, somewhere, there is a macro saying your max carry capacity is LoadLimit * Strength Level. If you want to subtract a fixed amount from carrying capacity, you'd need to track down that formula and modify it for what you want to do.

        Perhaps not the best help, but perhaps it'll point the way.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2011
          On 10/15/11 6:01 PM, KDoswell wrote:
          So I'm hacking around (badly) in Metacreator again.

          Using Rippers as the base (and copying/modifying the .def and .inc files) I have managed to get Languages working but I am having some issues:

          Status I changed the default value in the cst file to "2+IsMonster*0" but it still displays as a 5 (the rippers default)

          Did you reset the field? Place the cursor in the status field and press F7.
          Also I am trying to work out how I would add a hindrance that would remove 10 lbs from the Load Limit, I have seen the variable on the cst file is LoadLimit but I do not how I would modify it.

          Savage Worlds didn't have a mechanism for simply subtracting 10 from the load limit -- the mechanic for Brawny was a multiplier of Str x 8 instead of Str x 5. This was implemented by using an adjustment of LoadCapacity+3 to indicate the increase to Str x 8. It was assumed that any Hindrance added in the future would use the same mechanic, only as a negative adjustment (i.e., LoadCapacity-2). That means there's no simple adjustment to make to reduce load limit by a flat 10 lbs.

          The easiest way to make this change would be to change your new .cst file and modify the loadLim function in SavageWorlds.def to include the b_loadLimit variable.
          func loadLim(str) {
          	local plusses, ll, t;
          	if (str <= 5)
          		return 2*(1+str)*(5+loadCapacity) + b_loadLimit;
          	endif
          	plusses = str - 5;
          	t = 2000;
          	ll = b_loadLimit + qindex(plusses, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 2.5 * t, 5*t, 12.5*t, 25*t, 50*t, 125*t, 250*t);
          	if (loadCapacity > 0)
          		ll = round(ll * (5 + loadCapacity) / 5);
          	endif
          	if (ll > 4000)
          		ll = ll / 2000;
          		if (abs(integer(ll) - ll) >= 0.05)
          			return format('%1d t', ll);
          		endif
          		return format('%d t', round(ll));
          	endif
          	return round(ll);
          }

          Then your Hindrance will need to have a b_loadLimit-10 adjustment in it.

          We'll change the basic template so that it includes the new b_loadLimit reference so that your Hindrance will just work with the new template.