Domain Spells location?

  • David Payne
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11 7:09 PM
      I want to adjust the clerical domain spells, but I cannot seem to find them on the data sheets. Where can I find them? Can I simply add new ones in one of the spells folders?

      Dave
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12 7:37 AM
        Look in the help under "custom items" for various techniques for
        overriding standard items with items in your custom data sheet. Spells
        are located in Spells.mds.

        The best way to start is to copy the spells you want to override into
        your data sheet and then either use the priority to override them, which
        is easy but not at all flexible, or define a new ruleset and use the
        defdatasheet macro in that data sheet along with setting the data
        sheet's PLUGIN to a unique value to create a new setting that will
        automatically coexist with other settings. See Arcana.mds and Arcana.cst
        to see how rulesets are used to set this up for that setting.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 13 3:01 PM
          Maybe I didn't word the question correctly. Where are the standard, default domain spells located? (The ones that are already included in the standard software.)

          Second part of the question: If I add new domain spells in any spell folder, will they be recognized as long as I use domainspells macro listing?

          Thanks!

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 14 7:50 AM
            All the spells share the same definition, regardless of whether they're
            cleric, wizard, sorcerer, Good, Evil, etc. The list of levels for the
            spell in the level field of the spell macro defines what classes or
            domains a spell belongs to. For example, the spell Aid has a level of
            "Clr 2, Good 2, Luck 2" and Antimagic Field has "Clr 8, Magic 6,
            Protection 6, Sor/Wiz 6".

            Standard domain spells are therefore tagged as such in the standard
            spell definitions. So there's no need for the standard spells to use a
            domainspells macro to define which spells belong to the domain.

            When you define your own domains, you do so either by creating new
            spells and including the domain level as above, redefining the existing
            spells with the levels as above (not recommended if all the spell
            parameters are identical), or if you're adding existing spells to a
            newly defined domain you can just use the domainspells macro.

            The folder where you define a spell shouldn't make any difference. The
            domainspells macro associates extra information with that spell name
            (requirements, selection expression, level, etc.). As long as it's
            defined in the spells list the domain information will be associated
            with that spell name.