Savage Worlds: How to program an Edge that removes a hindrance.
- It would be easier (and perhaps better) to simply put a requirement on the item that makes not having Small a requirement for taking the Edge. That would give the user a reminder to delete the Hindrance. Otherwise this would require writing an automation script for the item. To do this:
- Create a data sheet as described in the help.
- Double-click the Edges category in the top half of the data sheet.
- Click the category where the Edge should go.
- Add an Edge with Insert > New Item.
- Enter the Edge name and category.
- Select Insert > Text Line when you have the Edge
selected in the data sheet. Copy the next line and paste it
into the Text area in the data sheet opened up.
script "if (itempresent('Hindrances', 'Small')) item (Hindrances, 'Small') deleteitem; enditem endif"
- Select Modify > Edit Cells as Text.
- Copy the following line, then switch to Metacreator and
the data sheet with your Edge.
- Double-click the req field for your Edge and paste the text below into the req field.
!Hindrances:Small::The Small Hindrance is not compatible with Beastling. Small will be deleted.
- Press CTRL+E to stop editing cells as text.
- Save the data sheet and load it.
On 11/8/2010 8:21 AM, KDoswell wrote:
The Beastling and Dragon Might Edges in Sundered Skies remove the small hindrance from a character. How do I get MC to do this.