[Savage Worlds] Copying Characters to a new Character Sheet Template

  • Tim Hannon
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2010
      I created a new Character Sheet Template, created some new characters using that template, and then realized that the template needed more details; specifically Languages. I've been able to update the Template to include Languages for new characters, but is there a way to retroactively apply that change to the existing characters, or will I have to re-enter the details?

      --
      The Loremaster                                       AIM: loremaster2085
      Organized Chaos, Inc., est 1992        Gmail:theloremaster@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2010
        Nevermind, I forgot about the Convert ... option.

        However, it would be nice to be able to do a batch convert, for multiple characters. Is there an option that I may have missed?

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2010
          On 10/2/2010 12:29 AM, The Loremaster wrote:
          Nevermind, I forgot about the Convert ... option.

          However, it would be nice to be able to do a batch convert, for multiple characters. Is there an option that I may have missed?

          There is: Utilities > Update Character Sheets... allows you to select the files to convert and lets you select a conversion script if one is needed. There's even a mechanism for having scripts check for differences (usually in character point totals) between the original and converted files and display the problem files.