Re: Skills not loading (Fudge)

  • J. Tim
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2010
      >It sounds like you don't have Fudge.mds loaded, only FudgeCore.mds. You
      >can see which data sheets are loaded with File > Load Data Sheet...
      >
      >What template do you select when you do a File > New... ? The standard
      >template (Fudge.cst) should have Fudge.mds in its list of data sheets to
      >load (which you can see with Modify > Character Sheet Info..., click the
      >Data Sheets tab).

      I click on the "New" icon and chose Fudge. I selected, at random, "Broad" and
      the three attributes pop up. It asked for a race and I chose that. It asked
      for a broad class, and I choose "None" as this was a bit more free-form.

      When I look at File > Load Data Sheet, it says that both Fudge.mds and
      FudgeCore.mds are loaded.

      But when I clock on the Skills in the shortcut menu, I still get the dialog box with
      Available Skills and that one Generic folder. (I can even select "Header" and add
      it as a skill.)

      The Character Sheet Info also says FudgeCore.mds and Fudge.mds are loaded.

      -J.Tim

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2010
          >Okay, the problem is a bug that occurs when you select Broad
          >categories.of skills. For the time being you can uncheck
          >Apply Selection Rules to make the skills appear. A fix will be
          >in the next release that will make the appropriate skills appear
          >when you skill Broad skills.

          Thank you, that did it. I found another work-around, but your way is much simpler.

          -J.Tim