Savage Worlds: Recreating humans

  • MarkSief
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2010
      Hello:

      I'm working on a Datasheet for "The Day After Ragnarok" and I'm stuck. As part of the character creation rules, you can choose between Americans and British citizens. Americans can add one free skill point to either their Shooting or Fighting skills. British citizens start with $500 rather than $250. I've decided to create these as Races, but after reading the help files, I'm at a loss on how to make these adjustments.

      Any suggestions?

      Later,
      Mark A. Siefert
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
      The easiest way to do this is to redefine Human to give you an autoitems
      choice for nationality (define a new zero-cost Edge for nationality).
      Use autoitems in those nationalities to give you the desired effects.

      The attached data sheet shows the basics. You should use rulesets
      instead of priority in your data sheet to cause your redefinition of
      human to be used.

      Deadlands has a separate Nationality field in the Information dialog,
      but that requires modifying the character sheet template. It uses the
      Extra Data category in the data sheet and the extradata macro to define
      additional choices made during character creation.

      Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
        Note: The attachment uses the beta version of Metacreator, but you can
        use the same technique in the released version.

        Bruce Kvam wrote:
        > The easiest way to do this is to redefine Human to give you an autoitems
        > choice for nationality (define a new zero-cost Edge for nationality).
        > Use autoitems in those nationalities to give you the desired effects.
        >
        > The attached data sheet shows the basics. You should use rulesets
        > instead of priority in your data sheet to cause your redefinition of
        > human to be used.
        >
        > Deadlands has a separate Nationality field in the Information dialog,
        > but that requires modifying the character sheet template. It uses the
        > Extra Data category in the data sheet and the extradata macro to define
        > additional choices made during character creation.
        >
        > MarkSi
      • Mark A. Siefert
        Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
          For some reason that attachment keeps wanting to save as an HTML document.

          Mark

          Message 5 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
            Then just click on it in your browser. You should be able to pick out the details and copy and paste them into your own data sheet.