Savage Worlds Data Sheet - Edge Problem

  • Michael Sprague
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2010
      I am creating template for a Cyberpunk setting (cross between Daring Tales of the Sprawl, the the SciFi Tool kit).  I am creating an Edge that boosts an attribute by a die type, and the max then becomes d12+1.  This is very much like the Racial Edges in core.mds, of Agile or Strong.  So I started with that as a base.  It did not work like I expected.

      What I believe should have happened was that the maximum for the Attribute would be d12+1, but I was still stopped at d12, and could raise it no further ... unless I raised the attribute to d12 first, then applied the Edge.  When looking at the old Savage Worlds Revised rules (where the SW races in Meta Creator came from), it became clear why.  It does not indicate there that the max changes in any way.

      So, how do I fix the maximum ... the main point of having an edge that increases the die type of an attribute?  Put differently, I believe the Racial edges should be such that if the attribute starts at a d6, the max should generally be d12+1.  If it starts at a d8, then the max should be d12+2.

      For what I am using this template for, it makes little difference (pre-generated convention characters) ... but I would still like to know how I can do this regardless in case is comes up in the future.

      ~ Mike

    • Tim Hannon
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2010
        I was able to do this in the Shaintar datasheet by adding an adjustment: b_Agility+1;maxAgility+2

        Try that and see how it works for you

        --
        The Loremaster                                       AIM: loremaster2085
        Organized Chaos, Inc., est 1992   Gmail:theloremaster@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2010
          Thanks Tim!!  Turns out maxAgility+1 did the trick.

          ~ Mike