Re: [cw] [Savage Worlds] Printing new items on Character Sheets

  • Tim Hannon
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
      That seems to have done the trick! Thanks!

      On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Support <bkvam@...> wrote:

      Include the print template filter in the print template in the File > Template Information... dialog. Make a copy of CharacterSummary.flt and include your new RoCFilter.inc instead of Filter.inc.

      Tim Hannon wrote:
      On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Support <bkvam@...> wrote:

      The Loremaster wrote:
      > 1. how to set a Formula to cap the taken Defining Interests. I'm guessing there's a relationship between dLangTaken and Languages, but I'm not seeing it.\

      Do you mean the displaying of the value in red if you exceed the allowed
      number of languages? This is done with the Fonts button in the Edit
      Formula dialog.

      Done. That was a lot easier than I though. :)

      > 2. how to export these values through a filter or character sheet. It looks like Rippers just prints them in the Edges block, but I don't see how to direct my own character sheets to do the same.

      I actually cheated on printing the Languages: there are special cases in
      Filter.inc and Print.inc for printing them. If the list doesn't exist in
      a character sheet no attempt is made to print the languages. I assume
      that you're making your own print template, so it's trivial to handle
      that by displaying your new items either before or after the invocation
      of $$PrintEdges.

      The easiest thing to do for filters is so simply make a copy of
      Filter.inc under a new name and include that in new print filters for
      the template.

      This I'm not sure about. I created a new Filter (RoCFilter.inc) and updated what I think is the correct section to read:

      @PrintList('Languages', 'Languages', false, 0, false, '')
      @PrintList('Defining Interests', 'Defining Interests', false, 0, false, '')
      @PrintList('Edges', 'Edges', details, 0, false, '')
      @PrintList('Powers', 'Powers', details, 0, details, 'Trappings')
      @PrintList('Gear', 'Gear', details, '!Vehicle;!Vehicle Weapon;!Money', details, 'Range,Power Points,Duration')
      @PrintList('Allies', 'Allies', details, 0, details, '')
      #
      @endsub

      I did the same for Print.inc; naming it "RoCPrint.inc" and updating it as follows:
      @if CountItems('Languages',0,0,0)>0
          @spaceabove 1ln
          @font "$(hfont)" $(hstyle)
          @output Languages
          @font "$(bfont)" $(bstyle)
          @foreach(Languages,, )
              @output %@name%\
          @endforeach
          @output
      @endif
      @if CountItems('Defining Interests',0,0,0)>0
          @spaceabove 1ln
          @font "$(hfont)" $(hstyle)
          @output Defining Interests
          @font "$(bfont)" $(bstyle)
          @foreach(DefiningInterest,, )
              @output %@name%\
          @endforeach
          @output
      @endif

      How do I link to this from either the character or print templates?
      --
      The Loremaster                                       AIM: loremaster2085
      Organized Chaos, Inc., est 1992   Gmail:theloremaster@...