Re: [cw] [Savage Worlds] Printing new items on Character Sheets

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
      The Loremaster wrote:
      > 1. how to set a Formula to cap the taken Defining Interests. I'm guessing there's a relationship between dLangTaken and Languages, but I'm not seeing it.\

      Do you mean the displaying of the value in red if you exceed the allowed
      number of languages? This is done with the Fonts button in the Edit
      Formula dialog.
      > 2. how to export these values through a filter or character sheet. It looks like Rippers just prints them in the Edges block, but I don't see how to direct my own character sheets to do the same.

      I actually cheated on printing the Languages: there are special cases in
      Filter.inc and Print.inc for printing them. If the list doesn't exist in
      a character sheet no attempt is made to print the languages. I assume
      that you're making your own print template, so it's trivial to handle
      that by displaying your new items either before or after the invocation
      of $$PrintEdges.

      The easiest thing to do for filters is so simply make a copy of
      Filter.inc under a new name and include that in new print filters for
      the template.

      I should have had a mechanism that gets the names of extra lists to
      print from something in the character sheet or associated with the ruleset.
    • Tim Hannon
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
        On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Support <bkvam@...> wrote:

        The Loremaster wrote:
        > 1. how to set a Formula to cap the taken Defining Interests. I'm guessing there's a relationship between dLangTaken and Languages, but I'm not seeing it.\

        Do you mean the displaying of the value in red if you exceed the allowed
        number of languages? This is done with the Fonts button in the Edit
        Formula dialog.

        Done. That was a lot easier than I though. :)

        > 2. how to export these values through a filter or character sheet. It looks like Rippers just prints them in the Edges block, but I don't see how to direct my own character sheets to do the same.

        I actually cheated on printing the Languages: there are special cases in
        Filter.inc and Print.inc for printing them. If the list doesn't exist in
        a character sheet no attempt is made to print the languages. I assume
        that you're making your own print template, so it's trivial to handle
        that by displaying your new items either before or after the invocation
        of $$PrintEdges.

        The easiest thing to do for filters is so simply make a copy of
        Filter.inc under a new name and include that in new print filters for
        the template.

        This I'm not sure about. I created a new Filter (RoCFilter.inc) and updated what I think is the correct section to read:

        @PrintList('Languages', 'Languages', false, 0, false, '')
        @PrintList('Defining Interests', 'Defining Interests', false, 0, false, '')
        @PrintList('Edges', 'Edges', details, 0, false, '')
        @PrintList('Powers', 'Powers', details, 0, details, 'Trappings')
        @PrintList('Gear', 'Gear', details, '!Vehicle;!Vehicle Weapon;!Money', details, 'Range,Power Points,Duration')
        @PrintList('Allies', 'Allies', details, 0, details, '')
        #
        @endsub

        I did the same for Print.inc; naming it "RoCPrint.inc" and updating it as follows:
        @if CountItems('Languages',0,0,0)>0
            @spaceabove 1ln
            @font "$(hfont)" $(hstyle)
            @output Languages
            @font "$(bfont)" $(bstyle)
            @foreach(Languages,, )
                @output %@name%\
            @endforeach
            @output
        @endif
        @if CountItems('Defining Interests',0,0,0)>0
            @spaceabove 1ln
            @font "$(hfont)" $(hstyle)
            @output Defining Interests
            @font "$(bfont)" $(bstyle)
            @foreach(DefiningInterest,, )
                @output %@name%\
            @endforeach
            @output
        @endif

        How do I link to this from either the character or print templates?
        --
        The Loremaster                                       AIM: loremaster2085
        Organized Chaos, Inc., est 1992   Gmail:theloremaster@...
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
          Include the print template filter in the print template in the File
          > Template Information... dialog. Make a copy of
          CharacterSummary.flt and include your new RoCFilter.inc instead of Filter.inc.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
            That seems to have done the trick! Thanks!