Re: [cw] Data File Questions

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2009
      As Paul mentioned, you shouldn't modify the core data sheet, but, yes, you can do what you want. The best way is to also make a custom character sheet template that lists your custom data sheet and the core data sheet in the Data Sheets tab of the Modify > Character Sheet Info dialog.

      See 50 Fathoms or Evernight for examples. They do exactly what you want to do. You can even override existing races with new definitions by including them in your custom data sheet. See the Custom Items entry in the help for more details.

      frws1224 wrote:
      Greetings.  I've recently started playing around with Metacreator for Savage Worlds and I've got a question.

      1) If I have a custom Data Sheet can I make changes to it that will be included with the Core data sheet?

      For example, I want to balance the races available in my Savage Eberron conversion.  I'd like to give some of the races included in the SW Core a bonus Edge at character creation.  Can I do that with a custom data sheet or do I have to modify the Core?