Pathfinder RPG

  • Konsortium-BTE
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 7, 2009
      Hey All,

      Just wondering if anyone has heard of, come up with or has a data sheet
      for the new Pathfinder RPG Beta rules from Paizo?
    • faustwer@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 7, 2009
        I am also transitioned to the Pathfinder RPG, so I'd love to see a datasheet if anyone has one for this.

        Just wondering if anyone has heard of, come up with or has a data sheet
        for the new Pathfinder RPG Beta rules from Paizo?

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:cw-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:cw-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Michael Sprague
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 7, 2009
          As Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, I would love to see the AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can.  I would certainly be willing to pay for this one.  :-)  Do to the differences in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a data sheet.

          ~ Mike

          I am also transitioned to the Pathfinder RPG, so I'd love to see a datasheet if anyone has one for this.

          Just wondering if anyone has heard of, come up with or has a data sheet
          for the new Pathfinder RPG Beta rules from Paizo?

          .

        • Saxum Caribetum
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 13, 2009

            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 13, 2009
              > Paizo and Pathfinder are the natural inheritors of the 3.5e mantle - I really hope MetaCreator will watch for their success and follow them...

              Agreed!  The group I am in plays D&D as well as Savage Worlds and CoC.  The guy in the group who hates 4th ed. (I'm pretty neutral on 4e) plans on using Pathfinder when he takes up the GM mantle.  It would be really nice if I could continue using MetaCreator when he runs that.

              While Savage Worlds is my System of choice now (replacing the Hero System, which now comes in second), I'm considering some d20 Modern, but what I have in mind is closer to Pathfinder than straight SRD.  Having Pathfinder as a starting point would make creating data sheets easier.

              ~ Mike

            • David Ferguson
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 11, 2009
                I am also interested in a Pathfinder data set.

                --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sprague <rabblewitz@...> wrote:

                > As Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, I would love to see the AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can.  I would certainly be willing to pay for this one.  :-)  Do to the differences in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a data sheet.
                >
                > ~ Mike
                >

                > ________________________________

              • xyzzy
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 12, 2009
                  I, too, would purchase this.

                  This might be appropriate for one of AlterEgo's challenges.

                  David Ferguson wrote:

                  > I am also interested in a Pathfinder data set.
                  >
                  > --- In cw@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cw%40yahoogroups.com>, Michael
                  > Sprague <rabblewitz@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > As Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, I would love to see the
                  > AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can. I would
                  > certainly be willing to pay for this one. :-) Do to the differences
                  > in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a
                  > data sheet.
                  > >
                  > > ~ Mike
                  > >

                  > > ________________________________

                • Wayne Tripp
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 12, 2009
                    I would purchase too!

                  • faustwer@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 13, 2009
                      Just to chime in as well, I would also buy this dataset.

                      David Ferguson wrote:

                      > I am also interested in a Pathfinder data set.
                      >
                      > --- In cw@yahoogroups. com <mailto:cw%40yahoog roups.com> , Michael
                      > Sprague <rabblewitz@ ...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > As Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, I would love to see the
                      > AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can. I would
                      > certainly be willing to pay for this one. :-) Do to the differences
                      > in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a
                      > data sheet.
                      > >
                      > > ~ Mike
                      > >

                      > > ____________ _________ _________ __

                    • Peggy Kvam
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 13, 2009
                        It seems there is a lot of interest. I'll look into licensing required to support Pathfinder in Metacreator.

                        Peggy Kvam
                        Alter Ego Software

                        David Ferguson wrote:

                        > I am also interested in a Pathfinder data set.
                        >
                        > --- In cw@yahoogroups. com <mailto:cw%40yahoog roups.com> , Michael
                        > Sprague <rabblewitz@ ...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > As Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, I would love to see the
                        > AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can. I would
                        > certainly be willing to pay for this one. :-) Do to the differences
                        > in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a
                        > data sheet.
                        > >
                        > > ~ Mike
                        > >

                        > > ____________ _________ _________ __

                      • Matthew Thompson
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 13, 2009
                          Most of PfRPG is OGC (Open Gaming Content) so I think you'll have little issue with Paizo, but yes, you should discuss it with them directly.

                          David Ferguson wrote:

                          > I am also interested in a Pathfinder data set.
                          >
                          > --- In cw@yahoogroups. com <mailto:cw%40yahoog roups.com> , Michael
                          > Sprague <rabblewitz@ ...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > As Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, I would love to see the
                          > AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can. I would
                          > certainly be willing to pay for this one. :-) Do to the differences
                          > in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a
                          > data sheet.
                          > >
                          > > ~ Mike
                          > >

                          > > ____________ _________ _________ __

                        • Chris Brecken
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jul 14, 2009
                            The published pathfinder rules are presently a 'beta' rule set.

                            The official pathfinder rules are due to be published this august at gencon

                            The official pfrpg rules are likely to be somewhere between 3.5 and the pfrpg beta from what i have seen published by paizo ( ie skills are more likely to be like the 3.5 skill system, maybe with a slightly condensed skill list )

                            Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 10:12 PM

                            David Ferguson wrote:

                            > I am also interested in a Pathfinder data set.
                            >
                            > --- In cw@yahoogroups. com <mailto:cw%40yahoog roups.com> , Michael
                            > Sprague <rabblewitz@ ...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > As Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, I would love to see the
                            > AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can. I would
                            > certainly be willing to pay for this one. :-) Do to the differences
                            > in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a
                            > data sheet.
                            > >
                            > > ~ Mike
                            > >

                            > > ____________ _________ _________ __

                          • bwlagow
                            Message 13 of 21 , Feb 6, 2010
                              Same here. I love the program and am endlessly frustrated that I can't use it for PFRPG.

                              I love the program and know a bunch of people who would probably buy it, but lack of Pathfinder support is a dealbreaker.

                              I don't see any reason it couldn't be done, PFRPG is covered by OGL.

                              --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sprague <rabblewitz@...> wrote:

                              > As Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, I would love to see the AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can.  I would certainly be willing to pay for this one.  :-)  Do to the differences in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a data sheet.
                              >
                              > ~ Mike
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                            • xyzzy
                              Message 14 of 21 , Feb 6, 2010
                                Last July or thereabouts, Peggy Kvam posting as Support said she would
                                investigate this, but if anything came of that, I don't recall what.

                                bwlagow wrote:

                                > Same here. I love the program and am endlessly frustrated that I can't
                                > use it for PFRPG.
                                >
                                > I love the program and know a bunch of people who would probably buy
                                > it, but lack of Pathfinder support is a dealbreaker.
                                >
                                > I don't see any reason it couldn't be done, PFRPG is covered by OGL.
                                >
                                > --- In cw@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cw%40yahoogroups.com>, Michael
                                > Sprague <rabblewitz@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > As Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, I would love to see the
                                > AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can. I would
                                > certainly be willing to pay for this one. :-) Do to the differences
                                > in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a
                                > data sheet.
                                > >
                                > > ~ Mike
                                > >

                                > > ________________________________

                              • Peggy Kvam
                                Message 15 of 21 , Feb 6, 2010
                                  Pathfinder has not given us permission to use their content. Since the
                                  3.5 SRD template already supports the OGL, our support for Pathfinder
                                  exists as far as they will grant it.

                                  Our Metacreator sales through Paizo's webstore are miniscule, so they
                                  seem to have no interest in licensing the Pathfinder system to us.

                                  Peggy

                                  On 2/6/2010 12:13 PM, xyzzy wrote:
                                  > Last July or thereabouts, Peggy Kvam posting as Support said she would
                                  > investigate this, but if anything came of that, I don't recall what.
                                  >
                                  > bwlagow wrote:
                                  >

                                  >> Same here. I love the program and am endlessly frustrated that I can't
                                  >> use it for PFRPG.
                                  >>
                                  >> I love the program and know a bunch of people who would probably buy
                                  >> it, but lack of Pathfinder support is a dealbreaker.
                                  >>
                                  >> I don't see any reason it couldn't be done, PFRPG is covered by OGL.
                                  >>
                                  >> --- In cw@yahoogroups.com<mailto:cw%40yahoogroups.com>, Michael
                                  >> Sprague<rabblewitz@...> wrote:
                                  >>
                                  >>> As Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, I would love to see the
                                  >>>
                                  >> AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can. I would
                                  >> certainly be willing to pay for this one. :-) Do to the differences
                                  >> in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a
                                  >> data sheet.
                                  >>
                                  >>> ~ Mike
                                  >>>

                                  >>> ________________________________

                                • xyzzy
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Feb 6, 2010
                                    That's unfortunate. It seems to me that they have things backward: sales
                                    might improve if the product supported the system they are trying to
                                    sell. :)

                                    Peggy Kvam wrote:

                                    > Pathfinder has not given us permission to use their content. Since the
                                    > 3.5 SRD template already supports the OGL, our support for Pathfinder
                                    > exists as far as they will grant it.
                                    >
                                    > Our Metacreator sales through Paizo's webstore are miniscule, so they
                                    > seem to have no interest in licensing the Pathfinder system to us.
                                    >
                                    > Peggy
                                    >
                                    > On 2/6/2010 12:13 PM, xyzzy wrote:
                                    > > Last July or thereabouts, Peggy Kvam posting as Support said she would
                                    > > investigate this, but if anything came of that, I don't recall what.
                                    > >
                                    > > bwlagow wrote:
                                    > >

                                    > >> Same here. I love the program and am endlessly frustrated that I can't
                                    > >> use it for PFRPG.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> I love the program and know a bunch of people who would probably buy
                                    > >> it, but lack of Pathfinder support is a dealbreaker.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> I don't see any reason it couldn't be done, PFRPG is covered by OGL.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> --- In cw@yahoogroups.com
                                    > <mailto:cw%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:cw%40yahoogroups.com>, Michael

                                    > >> AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can. I would
                                    > >> certainly be willing to pay for this one. :-) Do to the differences
                                    > >> in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a
                                    > >> data sheet.

                                  • Wayne Tripp
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Feb 6, 2010
                                      I don't understand this as they have openly stated they would encourage any one to write software for Pathfinder. I would think this would be doubly true since RPGXplorer vanished from the earth.

                                      From: xyzzy <xyzzy@...>
                                      Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 14:05:30 -0500
                                      To: <cw@yahoogroups.com>

                                      Peggy Kvam wrote:

                                      > Pathfinder has not given us permission to use their content. Since the
                                      > 3.5 SRD template already supports the OGL, our support for Pathfinder
                                      > exists as far as they will grant it.
                                      >
                                      > Our Metacreator sales through Paizo's webstore are miniscule, so they
                                      > seem to have no interest in licensing the Pathfinder system to us.
                                      >
                                      > Peggy
                                      >
                                      > On 2/6/2010 12:13 PM, xyzzy wrote:
                                      > > Last July or thereabouts, Peggy Kvam posting as Support said she would
                                      > > investigate this, but if anything came of that, I don't recall what.
                                      > >
                                      > > bwlagow wrote:
                                      > >

                                      > >> Same here. I love the program and am endlessly frustrated that I can't
                                      > >> use it for PFRPG.
                                      > >>
                                      > >> I love the program and know a bunch of people who would probably buy
                                      > >> it, but lack of Pathfinder support is a dealbreaker.
                                      > >>
                                      > >> I don't see any reason it couldn't be done, PFRPG is covered by OGL.
                                      > >>
                                      > >> --- In cw@yahoogroups. com
                                      > <mailto:cw%40yahoog roups.com> <mailto:cw% 40yahoogroups. com>, Michael

                                      > >> AlterEgo folks officially support it ... assuming they can. I would
                                      > >> certainly be willing to pay for this one. :-) Do to the differences
                                      > >> in the skills and such, I think this might require more than just a
                                      > >> data sheet.

                                    • Jobe
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Feb 6, 2010
                                        Peggy Kvam wrote:

                                        > Pathfinder has not given us permission to use their content. Since the
                                        > 3.5 SRD template already supports the OGL, our support for Pathfinder
                                        > exists as far as they will grant it.
                                        >
                                        > Our Metacreator sales through Paizo's webstore are miniscule, so they
                                        > seem to have no interest in licensing the Pathfinder system to us.
                                        >
                                        > Peggy

                                        Probably because there's a Pathfinder module for Hero Lab.

                                        --
                                        "The future ain't what it used to be."
                                        -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

                                        Jobe
                                        "Universes Exist in My Mind."
                                        Yahoo: psiberlord
                                      • xyzzy
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Feb 6, 2010
                                          HeroLab stuff is closed source unless you write it yourself, I believe.
                                          Not useful if you want to make modifications to the system for house
                                          rules and suchlike.

                                          Jobe wrote:

                                          > Peggy Kvam wrote:
                                          > >

                                          > > Pathfinder has not given us permission to use their content. Since the
                                          > > 3.5 SRD template already supports the OGL, our support for Pathfinder
                                          > > exists as far as they will grant it.
                                          > >
                                          > > Our Metacreator sales through Paizo's webstore are miniscule, so they
                                          > > seem to have no interest in licensing the Pathfinder system to us.
                                          > >
                                          > > Peggy
                                          >
                                          > Probably because there's a Pathfinder module for Hero Lab.
                                          >
                                          > --
                                          > "The future ain't what it used to be."
                                          > -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra
                                          >
                                          > Jobe
                                          > "Universes Exist in My Mind."
                                          > Yahoo: psiberlord

                                        • The Konsortium BTE
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Mar 27 7:35 AM
                                            Hey Peggy,

                                            I know I am waaayyyyy late on this reply but has there been any luck on that Pathfinder dataset for Metacreator??

                                            BTW, YAAAAAY!!!

                                            And thanks for looking out.

                                            --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, Peggy Kvam <pkvam@...> wrote:

                                            > It seems there is a lot of interest. I'll look into licensing required
                                            > to support Pathfinder in Metacreator.
                                            >
                                            > Peggy Kvam
                                            > Alter Ego Software
                                            >
                                            > faustwer@... wrote:
                                            > >

                                            > > Just to chime in as well, I would also buy this dataset.

                                          • xyzzy
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Mar 28 11:40 AM
                                              From 2/6/2010, posted by Peggy Kvam:

                                              "Pathfinder has not given us permission to use their content. Since the
                                              3.5 SRD template already supports the OGL, our support for Pathfinder
                                              exists as far as they will grant it.

                                              Our Metacreator sales through Paizo's webstore are miniscule, so they
                                              seem to have no interest in licensing the Pathfinder system to us."

                                              Pathfinder isn't terribly different, at this point, from 3.5. It should
                                              be possible to modify that template.