Re: [cw] Savage Worlds Script Error: What did I screw up?

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 10, 2008
      I just opened the 4.1.1 Deadlands.cst under 4.1.7 and did a File > Convert... I got no errors during the conversion, and saved the converted file in the 4.1.7 Metacreator directory under a different name. The converted .cst file successfully creates a new character without errors. Try doing that same thing and see what you get.

      Michael Sprague wrote:
      Normally, when I use the "Utilities > Update Character Sheets...", I am able to select the character sheets I want to update.  Not the case here with *.cst files.  I tried simply typing in pulp.cst, and I was then able to click "Update," but if it did anything, it didn't fix the script error.

      Took a while to fine find any "File > Convert..." menu item.  You have to have the .cst file open first.  :-)  I tried to convert it that way, but again, I still have the same script error.

      For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure I didn't create any new fields, and if I moved anything, it would have been simply to better center the small icon picture in the main dialog.

      I just went through the documentation for group files, and it's not clear to me how you would use it for this.  It seems to have a default template, and talks about adding character sheets (*.chr) but not character template files (*.cst).  Do you have an example of one I could look at?

      As expected, the other settings files I have created (*.cst files) exhibit the same script error.  I tried to convert one of them, but still get the script error.  Just to be clear, it's just the *.cst files I need to update, right?

    • Michael Sprague
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 10, 2008
        I got no errors when doing the conversion ... it just didn't fix the script error when selecting something besides Human or Archetype for the race.

        As it is, I simply got tired of playing with it, and just created new *.cst files.  :-)  Didn't take long, as it was just a matter of setting a few things, as well as the pre-existing ruleset.  The updated ones all work fine now.

        I did have one left, and tried doing what you wrote below, this time saving to a different name.  While I could select races within that data set, selecting Monster, still resulted in a scipt error.  Ah well ... shortly, I'll have a new .cst file for this one, and they should all work fine.

        ~ Mike