Re: [cw] Encumbrance query

  • Andrew Nuxoll
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2008
      Hrm. Could the location of the equipment be the issue? It has to be
      "on person" or "worn" to show up as encumbrance. I think "in backpack"
      might count as well.

      :AMN:

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21, 2008
        There is an option checkbox on most equipment to indicate that the
        weapon is wielded or carried. It's usually checked automatically for the
        first piece of equipment of that type that you take. Check that option
        to include that item in your encumbrance.

        There are some items that aren't doing this currently; we're in the
        process of correcting these. If checking the option doesn't include the
        item's weight write up bug report on the Support Request page on our
        website and we'll get it fixed.

        Andy Slack wrote:
        > Hi, some advice please?
        >
        > I'm running MetaCreator 4.1.1 with the Savage Worlds ruleset.
        >
        > I'm using the programme to keep character sheets updated as the PCs
        > progress. The problem I have is that when they buy new equipment, I
        > can't figure out how to update the encumbrance calculations - the
        > weight carried doesn't increase. They stuff they buy is from the
        > standard pricelist if that helps.
        >
        > Thanks in advance -

      • Andy Slack
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21, 2008
          Thanks, that was partly it. The "worn/carried/used" boxes weren't ticked on
          some of the items.
          Andy

        • Andy Slack
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 21, 2008
            Thanks - I see what's happened now; where I add something, delete it, then
            add it back in, the end result is that the worn/carried/used box is
            unchecked.

            Generic Items that I add, and then edit to show weird bits and pieces they
            pick up which aren't on the price list, don't add to weight unless I add
            "GearWeight+worn(`~Weight`)*x" into their Adjustments via Edit Properties. I
            can work with that.

            That'll teach me to do their character sheets at the PC!

            I appreciate the fast response.

            Andy