Re: [cw] Savage Worlds setting questions

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28 7:30 AM
      Rich Ranallo wrote:
      One, in statting up the Half-Giant race, I figured to make the size thing work, I needed to add in Size +2 and Huge. Adding them as Edges causes the edge count of a starting Half-Giant to go up by one. Adding them as Automatic Items for some reason causes "Size +2" and "Huge" to appear on the Race line of the sheet. For some reason, it seems that the other racial edges don't do this.
      You would need to either add the Racial Edge option to reduce the cost to zero (look at how races like Elf do this), or incorporate the modifiers into the adjustments for your race directly.
      Two, I'm looking to add something akin to "social class;" basically, it operates like an edge or hindrance, but with no net effect on your count. The main choice would be Slave or Freeman; Slave giving a -2 to Charisma and all sorts of other grueling in-game punishments but also a +1 die to Vigor, while Freeman is basically "neutral." Other social classes are covered by Edges: Noble, Templar and Wizard (the latter two being Arcane Backgrounds), so I'm less concerned about them. How would I go about making what is basically a whole new category of trait in SW?
      We typically add these things to Edges as zero cost items. The Monster traits are done this way, as are the various extra traits from Rippers and Deadlands.