Re: [cw] SRD 3.5 - Need Help with Special Abilities (PLayers Handbook II again) - Update

  • Michael Sprague
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2007
      >> In addition, what I would really like, is to constrain
      >> this to displaying only Sor/Wiz spells that are not
      >> also Beguiler (Bgl) spells.  After checking out the help
      >> file, I tried out the following, but it made no difference.
      >>
      >> ?selexp:incategory('Enchantment|Illusion') and incategory('Sor/Wiz 1|Sor/Wiz 0; !Bgl 1');
      >
      > I didn't have any of your data to work with, so I couldn't
      > see this behavior. This is probably the most straightforward
      > way of stating it:
      >
      > ?selexp:incategory('Enchantment|Illusion') and incategory('Sor/Wiz 1|Sor/Wiz 0') and !incategory('Bgl 1');

      I had time to try it this morning (yeah, I'm often an early riser), but it was only partially successful ... however, I know why.

      While this will indeed weed out any new spells I create, which have a category of "Bgl x,Sor/Wiz x", any pre-existing spells that Beguilers get, are only defined in the category "Sor/Wiz x", with no "Bgl x".  Therefore, they are still in the list.

      Ah well, it did narrow the list slightly, and I learned something more.

      ~ Mike

      It's here! Your new message!