SRD variant to look over

  • Jobe
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
      Ever consider doing up a template for Mutants & Masterminds? They have their
      own version of the SRD (since the rules are a variation of d20).
      Perhaps you could look over the info at the Green Ronin site.

      ---
      "It's déjà vu all over again."
      -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

      Jobe
      "Universes Exist in My Mind."
      Y!M: psiberlord
      MSN: lordjobe@...
      lordjobe@...
    • cybermessiah
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
        THERES' Already a Mutants and masterminds template,
        but it's version 1.0, and not the revised or 2nd
        edition rules however.

        --- Jobe <lordjobe@...> wrote:

        > Ever consider doing up a template for Mutants &
        > Masterminds? They have their
        > own version of the SRD (since the rules are a
        > variation of d20).
        > Perhaps you could look over the info at the Green
        > Ronin site.
        >
        > ---
        > "It's déjà vu all over again."
        > -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra
        >
        > Jobe
        > "Universes Exist in My Mind."
        > Y!M: psiberlord
        > MSN: lordjobe@...
        > lordjobe@...

        "Your body is welcome at the Fortress of White! Many food stacks digest inside of you? 13.50 you got? Then buy 30 baby cows in a box! --Fortress of White, You have many hunger for us!"
        -----
        Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
        http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=Y3liZXJtZXNzaWFoLmdlbw%3D%3D

        (http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited)
      • Jobe
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
          THERES' Already a Mutants and masterminds template,
          but it's version 1.0, and not the revised or 2nd
          edition rules however.

          Know of any plans of making a template for M&M 2.0 then?

          ---
          "It's déjà vu all over again."
          -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

          Jobe
          "Universes Exist in My Mind."
          Y!M: psiberlord
          MSN: lordjobe@...
          lordjobe@...
        • Mysteria51
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
            None.

            They are still gathering support for the Mars template. It seems that
            many good systems don't require a character generator software see link:

            (http://p205.ezboard.com/fedenstudiosdiscussionboardsfrm3.showMessage?topicID=3812.topic)

            Enjoy,
            M51
            > THERES' Already a Mutants and masterminds template,
            > but it's version 1.0, and not the revised or 2nd
            > edition rules however.
            >

            > Know of any plans of making a template for M&M 2.0 then?
            >
            > ---
            > "It's déjà vu all over again."
            > -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra
            >
            > Jobe
            > "Universes Exist in My Mind."
            > Y!M: psiberlord
            > MSN: lordjobe@...
            > lordjobe@...

          • Michael Sprague
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 5, 2006
              I don't know much about Unisystem, but I found the comment there on the HERO system math quite amusing.

              I suppose you could set it up as an algebra problem (for Min/Maxing purposes), but it's really pretty basic math ... addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.  My son had more than enough math to do HERO system in 4th or 5th grade.  Granted, I would prefer not to do the math in my head (I could), and prefer to use a calculator.  One could say that requiring a calculator makes it too complex for a game system, but saying the math is too complicated says more about the person making the complaint, than it does about the system.

              ~ Mike

              They are still gathering support for the Mars template. It seems that
              many good systems don't require a character generator software see link:

              (http://p205. ezboard.com/ fedenstudiosdisc ussionboardsfrm3 .showMessage? topicID=3812. topic)

              Enjoy,
              M51

              > THERES' Already a Mutants and masterminds template,
              > but it's version 1.0, and not the revised or 2nd
              > edition rules however.
              >

              > Know of any plans of making a template for M&M 2.0 then?
              >
              > ---
              > "It's déjà vu all over again."
              > -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra
              >
              > Jobe
              > "Universes Exist in My Mind."
              > Y!M: psiberlord
              > MSN: lordjobe@...
              > lordjobe@...

            • Christopher Fletcher
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
                --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sprague <rabblewitz@...> wrote:

                > I don't know much about Unisystem, but I found the comment there on
                the HERO system math quite amusing.

                > I suppose you could set it up as an algebra problem (for Min/Maxing
                >purposes), but it's really pretty basic math ... addition,
                >subtraction, multiplication and division. My son had more than
                enough
                >math to do HERO system in 4th or 5th grade. Granted, I would prefer
                >not to do the math in my head (I could), and prefer to use a
                >calculator. One could say that requiring a calculator makes it too
                >complex for a game system, but saying the math is too complicated
                says
                >more about the person making the complaint, than it does about the
                >system.

                *ahem*

                For the sake of being polite, I'm going to guess that you're not
                actually trying to be offensive. If you like the system, fine. If
                someone else doesn't like it, that's fine too. I get emails to see
                things related to Metacreator, not to watch someone snark about game
                systems, and make what could appear to be thinly veiled insults.

                Thank you.